Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #46
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Yep, as I said, I don't mind paying for apps that I'm going to use, if they give you upfront the free app with ads and some functionality missing, I consider it fair, but having the free app with suspicious hidden "features" doesn't make me feel confident that paying for the premium app is going to get rid of those hidden surprises. That's why I ran away from ES File Explorer.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
Yep, as I said, I don't mind paying for apps that I'm going to use, if they give you upfront the free app with ads and some functionality missing, I consider it fair, but having the free app with suspicious hidden "features" doesn't make me feel confident that paying for the premium app is going to get rid of those hidden surprises. That's why I ran away from ES File Explorer.
Check for a diaxthin folder if you have that you have malware.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yep. Scare-ware, ransomware--call it what you will. They're banking on the idea that users who were comfortable (or dependent upon) previous friendly versions of the software will be more willing to spend a few bucks to set "things right again" rather than defect to other products.
I think Solid Exporer for $1.99 will do everything needed and it's seems trustworthy. If you buy an app I'd go with that one. I tried them all in the past couple days.

Best free ones are Amaze and Asus File Manager.

Amaze does not have a copy/move only just copy/ paste but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Asus File Manager has everything but an app back up feature.

Best paid is Solid Exporer it has everything.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 05-11-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:39 PM   #49
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Oh good. I was waiting for your final report before trying any of the apps. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #50
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Thanks, Blossom. $2 with a personal recommendation is well within my comfort zone.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #51
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Thanks, Blossom. $2 with a personal recommendation is well within my comfort zone.
My personal recommendation was free, but if it makes you more comfortable, you can send me. $2. See my signature.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:17 PM   #52
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
My personal recommendation was free, but if it makes you more comfortable, you can send me. $2. See my signature.
And I gave your recommendation a shot. Blossom's recommendation only means I'm more comfortable giving $2 Solid a shot, too. Doesn't mean I've made up my mind which is better for my needs.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-11-2017 at 08:20 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:22 PM   #53
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think Solid Exporer for $1.99 will do everything needed and it's seems trustworthy. If you buy an app I'd go with that one. I tried them all in the past couple days.

Best free ones are Amaze and Asus File Manager.

Amaze does not have a copy/move only just copy/ paste but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Asus File Manager has everything but an app back up feature.

Sent from my XT1528
What I can't find in Asus File Manager is access to hidden files. Ironically, that's how I discovered the malware installed by the combination of Google Play on Fire tablets, using ES File Explorer.

Last edited by issybird; 05-11-2017 at 08:24 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #54
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
And I gave your recommendation a shot. Blossom's recommendation only means I'm more comfortable giving $2 Solid a shot, too. Doesn't mean I've made up my mind which is better for my needs.
Oh, i didn't actually care about any of that, it just seemed like a shot at getting two bucks.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:35 PM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
What I can't find in Asus File Manager is access to hidden files. Ironically, that's how I discovered the malware installed by the combination of Google Play on Fire tablets, using ES File Explorer.
It's under settings. It's called "Hide System Files"

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 05-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
You get a two week trial fully functional so you can see if it's for you or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 05-11-2017, 10:44 PM   #57
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Oh good. I was waiting for your final report before trying any of the apps. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
You're welcome. The one apk recommend was okay but it's the only one I had problems with. The menu sometimes stuck. It crashed and was a little buggy and it does say beta release so that's expected so it's not ready for real time yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 05-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #58
FireWat
FireWat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle reader
Use older version, if you want I can give you link of version I am using. Good old version, no ads, no all this unnecessary features, only good features and stuff
FireWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #59
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just played around a bit with it, but I couldn't find anything for network drives (NFS and/or Samba). Do I need to search better, or doesn't it support it?

Thanks,
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I just played around a bit with it, but I couldn't find anything for network drives (NFS and/or Samba). Do I need to search better, or doesn't it support it?

Thanks,
You have to install an extension called Solid Ftp if I remember right.

Sent from my XT1528