Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
Veejyburger
Veejyburger began at the beginning.

Device: Still Deciding
Sony: To preorder or not pre order...

..that is the question. Only as i am flying out to the states in two weeks. The UK warranty and 100 classics does make the extra money more appealing although I'd prefer the blue one. Does it make that much difference what colour the reader is against the screen?
Veejyburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'd call Sony Style in the UK and ask about the warranty for a 505 bought in the USA.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
please let us know what information you get, if you do this ; other people may be in a similar position to you.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I wouldn't place too much value on the classics as you can easily download them for free anyway, but I'm tempted to upgrade from my 500 to the 505 for the screen and better USB charging.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
I wouldn't place too much value on the classics as you can easily download them for free anyway, but I'm tempted to upgrade from my 500 to the 505 for the screen and better USB charging.
I would not (and do not!) use usb charging on the 505. It is still hit-or-miss. (My battery has been drained when connected by usb to a wall wort or computer without the Library software.

You should ALWAYS use a PSP charger--they're cheap, available everywhere, charge faster than usb, and you can use the Reader while charging (unlike with usb, when it works). If you really like usb connections, get a PSP data/power cable, which plugs into a usb jack (computer or wall wort) and has a mini-usb and power plug. *Just* use the power plug, and not the mini-usb connector, to charge.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #6
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Ah,I do tend to check the charging light is on before leaving it to charge while I'm working anyway. It's mostly the charging from scratch bug on the 500 I find a right pain!
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:36 AM   #7
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 04:30 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote