Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
Someone with a nice graphics touch?

If you have any ability at all to draw an image, may it be an icon, a doodle <anything>. Would you be so kind to propose a logo for the JAM?

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/JAM

Last edited by Gianfranco; 08-29-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:39 AM   #2
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I mean like, anyone, if you have an idea, just make a small logo and post it here. Please? :/
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #3
Gianfranco
computer scientist

The lack of interest is depressing.
But alas, I will continue with the online search page and the client.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I'm interested - but completely unartistic.

If I could, I'd draw a magnifying glass against a row of books.

But if I did attempt it, you'd never be able to tell what it was supposed to be .

I'm sure more gifted artistes will be along presently - they're probably just waiting for the paint to dry.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
When I hear jam, I think about that java build tool... I know you can impossible take any 3 letter acronoym that isn't already taken but anything in the world, but jam as make replacement is pretty well known under developers already.

http://freetype.sourceforge.net/jam/index.html
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'll give it a try this weekend. Maybe I can figure out a way to use a jam jar as a magnifying glass against a row of books.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #7
Gianfranco
computer scientist

hehe, interesting.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i like the magnifying glass against a row of books idea. could be really nice.

just a question though, isn't jam just a temporary name ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

gianfranco, you're really impatient i see ! making a logo takes some time you know... even *after* people notice the thread.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #10
Gianfranco
computer scientist

I need things to happend now, fast, on demand
I am impatient, yes, but I am aware of it and try to behave myself
Old 08-29-2008, 10:06 PM   #11
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
just a question though, isn't jam just a temporary name ?
If so, I think I'd rather wait until a long-term name is chosen before I invest a lot of time in trying to design a graphic.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:09 AM   #12
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Here's a quick "sketch" of something that came to my mind. Of course the theme is based on the name, so that might not work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jamsketch.png
Views:	281
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	15801  

Last edited by Dylrob; 08-30-2008 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Replaced image because transparent background didn't look right
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:44 AM   #13
Gianfranco
computer scientist

Hehe, I like it.
As for the name; I don't know ? :/
That is mainly up to you forumers.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:40 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

i think the logo of a magnifying glass on a row of books could be good, particularly if we will change the name, since it expresses the *idea* without being linked to a particular name. the logo proposed by dylrob could be a funny idea if we keep the current name, but that might not be a good idea because i remember someone mentioned that it is already used for a different program.

what about e-bibliofile.com or e-bibliofinder.com ? these are my latest suggestions...

perhaps it's time to add a poll to that thread.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #15
Spellbot 5000
Connoisseur
Spellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen3
How about something simple that references only the name and not necessarily the function.

Spellbot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote