Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Barnes & Noble: The 20 Best Paranormal Fantasy Novels of the Last Decade

The 20 Best Paranormal Fantasy Novels of the Last Decade

Of my favorites:

Charlaine Harris is in spot #9, Jim Butcher got #3 and Kim Harrison won top billing at #1.

Personally, I'd put Butcher ahead of Harrison.

Patricia Briggs (#16) & Laurell K. Hamilton (#7) are on my "To Try" list.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Where are:

Jennifer Estep (Elemental Assasssin),
C.E. Murphy (The Walker Papers),
Kelley Armstrong (Women of the Otherworld),
Kaitlin Kittredge (Black London),
Simon R. Green (Nightside),
Karen Marie Moning (Fever),
Kevin Hearne (Iron Druid Chronicles),
Deborah Harkness (All Souls Trilogy),
Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock),
Kylie Chan (Dark Heavens),
Lyn Benedict (Shadows Inquiries),
Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels),
Carrie Vaughn (Kitty Norville),
Karen Chance (Cassie Palmer/Dorina Basarab),
Ben Aaronovitch (Rivers of London),
T.A. Pratt (Marla Mason)
Jenn Bennett (Arcadia Bell)
John G. Hartness (Black Knight Chronicles)?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I'll add:

Devon Monk (Allie Beckstrom)
Eileen Wilks (World of the Lupi)
Gail Carriger (Parasol Protectorate)
Kalayna Price (Alex Craft)
Richelle Mead (Georgina Kincaid)
Diana Rowland (Kara Gillian)
Chloe Neill (Chicagoland Vampires)
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Happy to see Butcher, Huston and Kadrey on there. Harry Dresden was my gateway drug to the other two. Previously, I wasn't a big fan of first-person male protags. Actually, I wasn't all that into UF at all. I was primarily a reader of romance and horror. (Speaks volumes, don't it? )
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
This is my Top 20 (and you have to consider the whole series, not just one book)

01 Kim Harrison (The Hollows)
02 Karen Chance (Cassie Palmer/Dorina Basarab)
03 Seanan McGuire (October Daye/Incryptid)
04 Devon Monk (Allie Beckstrom)
05 Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels/ The Edge)
06 Karen Marie Moning (Fever)
07 Jim Butcher (Dresden Files)
08 Stacia Kane (Downside Ghosts)
09 Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson)
10 Kelley Armstrong (Otherworld)
11 Eileen Wilks (World of the Lupi)
12 Gail Carriger (Parasol Protectorate)
13 Kalayna Price (Alex Craft)
14 Richelle Mead (Georgina Kincaid)
15 C.E. Murphy (The Walker Papers/Negotiator Trilogy)
16 Kevin Hearne (Iron Druid Chronicles)
17 Jennifer Estep (Elemental Assasssin)
18 Chloe Neill (Chicagoland Vampires)
19 Diana Rowland (Kara Gillian)
20 Carrie Vaughn (Kitty Norville)

I liked Laurell K. Hamilton (Anita Blake) until about mid-series, then she fell off the list.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Great list(s)
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Where are:

Jennifer Estep (Elemental Assasssin),
C.E. Murphy (The Walker Papers),
Kelley Armstrong (Women of the Otherworld),
Kaitlin Kittredge (Black London),
Simon R. Green (Nightside),
Karen Marie Moning (Fever),
Kevin Hearne (Iron Druid Chronicles),
Deborah Harkness (All Souls Trilogy),
Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock),
Kylie Chan (Dark Heavens),
Lyn Benedict (Shadows Inquiries),
Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels),
Carrie Vaughn (Kitty Norville),
Karen Chance (Cassie Palmer/Dorina Basarab),
Ben Aaronovitch (Rivers of London),
T.A. Pratt (Marla Mason)
Jenn Bennett (Arcadia Bell)
John G. Hartness (Black Knight Chronicles)?
Where, indeed.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
All of these authors put out some fantastic books! I also was not a big reader of UF books until I read some of Richelle Mead's books. Now with me reading the Dresden Files, it seems I have a lot of interesting reading to do. Kim Harrison, I've just added that series to my TBR also.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote