Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
jstabe
Enthusiast
jstabe began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Moon Reader copying wrong metadata from Calibre

Just switched to Moon Reader because I like that it's customizable. I copied my folders from calibre onto my sd card and everything was imported okay except that I noticed that on some books, the cover is wrong. For example, one of my Nora Roberts books as the cover in Spanish. It's not the way in Calibre. Should I be copying the books only and not the metadata?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 10.1. I don't know if that info is helpful or not.
jstabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstabe View Post
Just switched to Moon Reader because I like that it's customizable. I copied my folders from calibre onto my sd card and everything was imported okay except that I noticed that on some books, the cover is wrong. For example, one of my Nora Roberts books as the cover in Spanish. It's not the way in Calibre. Should I be copying the books only and not the metadata?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 10.1. I don't know if that info is helpful or not.
From what I understand you are copying books instead use send to device function to send books as calibre only updates metadata inside the book when you convert a book or send it to the device. Some books don't have covers defined properly so you might still get a few wrong covers to fix those you would need to run modify epub plugin in calibre before sending them to your device.
Moon Reader gets its covers from inside the book so you just need to send book no need to send other files.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
jstabe
Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
From what I understand you are copying books instead use send to device function to send books as calibre only updates metadata inside the book when you convert a book or send it to the device. Some books don't have covers defined properly so you might still get a few wrong covers to fix those you would need to run modify epub plugin in calibre before sending them to your device.
Moon Reader gets its covers from inside the book so you just need to send book no need to send other files.
Thanks for the help!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
BetaParker
BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: helpful
Wink

When adding HTML files to calibre, you may need to tell calibre what encoding the files are in. To do this go to Preferences->Advanced->Plugins->File Type plugins and customize the HTML2Zip plugin, telling it what encoding your HTML files are in. Now when you add HTML files to calibre they will be correctly processed. HTML files from different sources often have different encodings, so you may have to change this setting repeatedly. A common encoding for many files from the web is cp1252 and I would suggest you try that first. Note that when converting HTML files, leave the input encoding setting mentioned above blank. This is because the HTML2ZIP plugin automatically converts the HTML files to a standard encoding
BetaParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
jstabe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaParker View Post
When adding HTML files to calibre, you may need to tell calibre what encoding the files are in. To do this go to Preferences->Advanced->Plugins->File Type plugins and customize the HTML2Zip plugin, telling it what encoding your HTML files are in. Now when you add HTML files to calibre they will be correctly processed. HTML files from different sources often have different encodings, so you may have to change this setting repeatedly. A common encoding for many files from the web is cp1252 and I would suggest you try that first. Note that when converting HTML files, leave the input encoding setting mentioned above blank. This is because the HTML2ZIP plugin automatically converts the HTML files to a standard encoding
Thank you!
Advert