Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
Egghead
Mentat
Egghead has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Bookeen Gen3 Cybook
Official Meditation Thread (for the Cybook)

OK, I admit it. I'm growing impatient. I WANT one. (Now, now, NOW!!!)

*Ahem*

I think I needed to start a meditation thread to calm my impatient nerves and get some of that sorely lacking patience back.

*Closes Eyes* OOOHHHMMMM........
Egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I'm psyched after hearing the news about today. I still hope that it comes in white as well as the black. Gotta start saving for it now. maybe that will help my impatience. I love the guys at Bookeen. Great customer service. The only thing is that shipping will be expensive. I need deep breathing exercises.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Colors

Imareder,

You can have it in *ANY* color you want - as long as you want black. Sorry, but them's the breaks for right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I'm psyched after hearing the news about today. I still hope that it comes in white as well as the black. Gotta start saving for it now. maybe that will help my impatience. I love the guys at Bookeen. Great customer service. The only thing is that shipping will be expensive. I need deep breathing exercises.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
Got a nice email from Bokeen today announcing this Gen 3.
Looks like a nice device.
I used to own a Cybook that was partly responsible for global warming due to its enormous power consumption.
(There's still an atomic powerplant somewhere dedicated to my Cybook)
Bokeen has a very friendly customerservice.
I'll definitely buy one of these.

But...back on topic "ooohhmm". (Oh by Gutenbergs beard, not again! )
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:12 AM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
OOOOOOOHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #6
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Imareder,

You can have it in *ANY* color you want - as long as you want black. Sorry, but them's the breaks for right now.

Well, that may be, but then again, there is still hope. M-edge didn't sell a white cover for the Sony reader at first, but now they do and have also added pink. So I'll buy the black reader if white isn't available and the white reader when that one comes out. From what I remember the NAEB reader was suppose to be white in color. So Bookeen can do this. But thanks for the giggle.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any white case you want, as long as it's black.

Yeah well, if I remember a discussion correctly (and my memory is vague here), they explored the idea of a white case, but I believe there were issues. Still, I think that no manufacturer has given up on other case colors - similar to Dell's case strategy for their laptops.

Me, I'd *love* to have one with a swirly, metallic-glitter, purple case similar to the bowling ball I once owned. I doubt if it'll ever get that easy.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Well, that may be, but then again, there is still hope. M-edge didn't sell a white cover for the Sony reader at first, but now they do and have also added pink. So I'll buy the black reader if white isn't available and the white reader when that one comes out. From what I remember the NAEB reader was suppose to be white in color. So Bookeen can do this. But thanks for the giggle.

Ellen
Old 07-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's your big week this, isn't it, Derek? Wasn't it a "definite" delivery of your eval units by the end of July? That means you'll have one by Tuesday!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard

RE: Delivery.

Harry,

I'll be happy just to have one by the end of the week or early next. And it's going to be nice to check out the selection of Mobipocket titles - I've been so eReader.com lately. Plus being able to compare the Sony unit to the Bookeen unit in a hands-on comparison should be fun.

Yep. Gonna love these next two weeks!

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's your big week this, isn't it, Derek? Wasn't it a "definite" delivery of your eval units by the end of July? That means you'll have one by Tuesday!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:53 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to reading your impressions of the device. Bookeen make excellent kit, but judging from the interminable delays on the original CyBook aren't so hot when it comes to meeting production deadlines .
Old 07-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #11
delphidb96
Wizard

re: Delays

Harry,

Making deadlines means each and every step of the chain has to meet prior deadlines. Now given that at least one of the OEM manufacturers is *NOT* Bookeen, that puts at least one part of that chain out of Bookeen's control. Having, in the earliest phase of our (NAEB's) efforts to bring an eInk reader to market, dealt with the source (not Bookeen) involved, I can assure you that this is *NOT* the fault of Bookeen.

What makes this whole process frustrating is that there is a single point-source for eInk displays. Doesn't matter if you buy a Sony, Hanlin, Bookeen, STAReBOOK or iRex Iliad, you've got to get the eInk display from this one manufacturer. And while they are going great guns to make the vizplex display and develop faster - and even color - versions, in my (NAEB's) experience, they aren't so easy to deal with due to language barriers and the like.

Which is why I, for one, am quite willing to cut Bookeen some slack. I honestly believe if we at NAEB had stayed the course with attempting to create our own hardware design, we'd still be over a year away from the point Bookeen has reached - maybe even two years!

Derek

Quote:
I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to reading your impressions of the device. Bookeen make excellent kit, but judging from the interminable delays on the original CyBook aren't so hot when it comes to meeting production deadlines .
Old 07-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm sure that it'll be very well worth the wait, Derek. I was (still am) a fan of the original CyBook, and still use mine from time to time, even though I have (as you know) a Sony Reader. I'll be ordering my new CyBook the very day it becomes available. All projects of this type slip - the shipping date of the Sony Reader slipped by the best part of a year, which is why these delays don't surprise me in the least. Absolutely not a criticism of Bookeen!
Old 07-29-2007, 02:18 PM   #13
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
I'm sure that it'll be very well worth the wait, Derek. I was (still am) a fan of the original CyBook, and still use mine from time to time, even though I have (as you know) a Sony Reader. I'll be ordering my new CyBook the very day it becomes available. All projects of this type slip - the shipping date of the Sony Reader slipped by the best part of a year, which is why these delays don't surprise me in the least. Absolutely not a criticism of Bookeen!
There's also Vizplex production. This could be the reason why the release date slipped from July to September. Some device will have to wait a few months before getting their Vizplex screens (Hanlin).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote