Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #22396
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
Morning all!

Some Mountain Wulong in my cup. Which is just a delaying tactic as I really need to get the dessert for tonight's archery club get-together done.

And it looks like winter out there (cloudy, windy, misty), but the temp is more like May. 'tis confusing...
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #22397
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Back home since yesterday. I still am a wreck, but enjoyed my journey immensely. Sorting the photo's now and working on my blog. Staying inside as the temperature in Egypt was 34 degrees and here about zero.

In my cup: Rooibos vanilla spice, hot
On the photo: me in front of the Seti I temple in Abydos, Egypt
Welcome back! That is a major change in the weather to get use to. Me? I would rather be warm than cold. What are the posts in the left of your photo? One appears to say "toilet"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora W View Post
Morning all! <Snip>
Morning! Have fun at the archery club get-together.

Sumatra coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #22398
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero #(lost count)

My youngest is off to a party this evening in a rather splendid fancy dress costume he made himself. He's the cat from The Cat Returns.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #22399
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm ready for a fun weekend - our lowly grocery store (Food Lion no less) - to welcome the holidays - had in its cooler a Guinness holiday pack - 3 each of 4 Guinness brands: Foreign Extra Stout, Draught, Black Lager, and Arthur's Holiday Ale. I've never tasted the Foreign Extra Stout or the Holiday Ale - my taste buds are a-quiver!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #22400
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I can see her lyin' back in her SATIN dress
In a room where ya do what ya don't confess
Sundown ya better take care
If I find you been creepin' 'round my back stairs
Sundown ya better take care
If I find you been creepin' 'round my back stairs
She's been lookin' like a queen in a sailor's dream
And she don't always say what she really means
Sometimes I think it's a shame
When I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain
Sometimes I think it's a shame
When I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02VrChRqpc )

Good morning, all! A pleasant and peaceful Sunday morn, with a mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea, some hummus and babbaganous for breakfast. I guess I was thinking of DesertBlue's trip when I decided what to eat. Thinking of switching my phone today... my iPhone 3G is making calls by itself... time for an iPhone 5 if I can get one without a long contract. We'll only be here for another few months and I don't want to have to pay for a 2-year Japanese contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Back home since yesterday. ....
On the photo: me in front of the Seti I temple in Abydos, Egypt
Welcome back! I can't wait to see the pictures of your adventure. Interesting to see that such an ancient locale as the Temple to Seti would be 'wheel-chair' accessible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora W View Post
Some Mountain Wulong in my cup. Which is just a delaying tactic as I really need to get the dessert for tonight's archery club get-together done.
Hi Aurora, long time no see! Gosh, I miss archery! I used to be very involved with it in Vermont. I had one of the very first Bear Compounds produced. Looking at the equipment today... half of it I don't even recognize. Everyone seems to be using releases of one sort or another, compound let-offs are up to 75% We thought we had the bee's knees with 30% let-off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My youngest is off to a party this evening in a rather splendid fancy dress costume he made himself. He's the cat from The Cat Returns.
How did your Scottish Dance Demo turn out?

One more mug of tea, then it's off to the phone shops!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #22401
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Miserable wet day and the roof has decided to leak. Sigh. I really thought we'd found the problem. And nothing at all one can do about it in the winter here, just live with it and try again in the spring.

So, a pot of Lapsang Souchong, and then a pot of Keemun. The last of my Peet's Lion Mountain Keemun. I'll have to pick up some more when I'm down south in 10 days.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #22402
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water. Homemade Peruvian chicken with spicy green sauce for dinner. Yummy. Stock making underway. Yummy
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:37 AM   #22403
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Water. Homemade Peruvian chicken with spicy green sauce for dinner. Yummy. Stock making underway. Yummy
Hot Ceylon Uva for my afternoon tea. Nice. I thought 'Peruvian Chicken' was a euphemism for guinea pig. Didn't realize you guys in the DC area ate it too! Those cute little guys are a very popular table meat in Peru and Chile.

Stitchawl
Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 AM   #22404
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Hot chocolate again after a quiet day and a long walk on the beach. The weather has improved and not too hot yet.

Also spent some time playing with my lovely new sewing machine, should be ready to do some serious quilting in a couple of days. With audio books I can indulge two of my favourite things at the same time, ain't life grand?
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:34 AM   #22405
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Hot chocolate again after a quiet day and a long walk on the beach. The weather has improved and not too hot yet.

Also spent some time playing with my lovely new sewing machine, should be ready to do some serious quilting in a couple of days. With audio books I can indulge two of my favourite things at the same time, ain't life grand?
I just had this terrible mental 'Far Side Cartoon' image of 'Sweat Shop' Quilting Bee... Wow! When I think 'quilting,' I visualize a group of women sitting around a pot belly stove in a log cabin, hand stitching and visiting with each other, never a sewing machine. Obviously times have changed. But I think there is another active quilter here in one the forums I visit... Just can't remember who it was that was talking about it one day.......

Stitchawl
Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #22406
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Hot Ceylon Uva for my afternoon tea. Nice. I thought 'Peruvian Chicken' was a euphemism for guinea pig. Didn't realize you guys in the DC area ate it too! Those cute little guys are a very popular table meat in Peru and Chile.

Stitchawl
You think you are a funny man, dontcha?

You make a paste of spices and stuff to rub on the chicken, let it marinate for a while, grill or rotisserie. There are a bunch of sauces that come with it, the green spicy one is my favorite.

Rooibos in my cup. Lucas is playing on his tummy, happily munching on his stuffed moose.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #22407
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Welcome back J. Glad to see you home safe and sound, and that you enjoyed it so much. I look forward to more pics and details. Keep warm.
Thank you Back in the saddle today .....First of the Christmas markets with two tankards of Glühwein ( mulled red wine).......nice and warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Glad that you had fun, and also glad to see that you're back home safe and sound.
Thanks Betty; hope you are holding up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Glad you're back safe and sound, desertblues. An amazing area of the world, but a scary place to be visiting right now.
Thank you To tell you the truth: I could have done without the demonstrations against Morsi in front of the hotel in Aswan ( went to sleep with a heavy chair against my door )and without the demonstrations idem dito in Cairo, but.......it was fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome back! ....... One appears to say "toilet"?.
Thank you well, toilets are important, but do you notice the absence of tourists.........dramatic for these people

Quote:
Welcome back! I can't wait to see the pictures of your adventure. Interesting to see that such an ancient locale as the Temple to Seti would be 'wheel-chair' accessible...
thank you
Hmmmm....I wouldn't look forward to pushing it either way....
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #22408
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
How did your Scottish Dance Demo turn out?
Reasonably well. I only went wrong once, and then only for half a step. But the organisers did manage to mess up their timing - we arrived at 8.45 and didn't do the demo until 9.45!

A final coke zero in my cup, to wash down a splendid dinner of roast leg of lamb with roast potatoes, mashed parship, steamed cabbage, and baked mushrooms and tomatoes.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #22409
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Working my way through my Guinness Holiday pack! Tasty! I really enjoyed "Arthur's Holiday Ale"!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #22410
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Steaming fruits and veggies for Lucas. Sencha in my cup.

Lucas is already taking down 1/3 a bottle of food at one sitting. We are increasing the amount we give him tomorrow.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?