Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
NiaTrue
Edge User

Dingo Bugs: Solutions

This may be overkill, but hopefully it will help someone. Earlier, I reported a problem playing YouTube videos. Here's the solution I got from tech support. It worked like a charm and took two seconds. Two givens, though: You must use the native browser (not Dolphin or Opera Mini), and you must be using the mobile site, www.m.youtube.com:

To access YouTube through the browser, [you] will need to set the browser mode itself to mobile. While in the browser, press the "Menu" button; then select "More" > "Settings." Scroll to the bottom of this list and uncheck the box beside "Browser Mode" to switch to mobile mode. You may need to reload the page after changing this setting.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
canezila
Edge User

In all the cool new fixes, I have a question: How do I LOCK or turn off the LCD screen? I remember before I just clicked on that X looking symbol and choose the lock button. Isnt there a hardware button that now does this? I cant find it. Probably not seeing the forest through the trees.. I know...

I think I found the answer on another thread from borisb. Thanks and I should have read that first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb
If you add the Power Control widget to your desktop, the "Lock" icon is the last one. Alternatively, you can place a shortcut to the "Screen Lock" application on your desktop. Personally, the widget is better because you can quickly toggle wifi, bluetooth and screen brightness.

Last edited by canezila; 09-02-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
NiaTrue
Edge User

Another quick fix: Recalibrate the ereader. This may solve a number of problems:

· images of the expanded menu don't fade after the menu collapses
· shapes tool won't recognize certain shapes
· difficulty switching between tools