Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-30-2016, 04:12 AM   #16
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Did som tests...

I get <p class="description"> (and </p> at the end) when I download metadata for the book from a bookstore.

I remove that and all other formatting with the html editor and then add some standard ones that I use. And save. When I open again, nothing has changed, only my added formatting shows.

However, if I remove all formatting and don't add anything, and save, the next time I open, <p> at the beginning and </p> has now been added. But not <p class="description">.

I also noticed that if I don't remove the <p class="description">, but add my own formatting and save, the next time I open the editor, <p class="description"> has disapeared and only my added formatting shows. A conflict?

So if I want <p class="description"> again, I think I will have to remove my formatting and add <p class="description"> myself.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:42 AM   #17
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@marp68:

Standard Calibre will automatically make the Comments into HTML given any chance to do so, which is why you see the behavior that you do.

If you want to take it out of Calibre's hands, giving it no chance to add any HTML to your Comments after you have stripped all of the HTML out, I suggest you try the Job Spy+ plug-in. Its GUI Tool #18 (of 21) is named "Bulk Convert HTML Comments to Plain Text [Selected Books]". It does a direct database update of the Comments after stripping out all HTML. Standard Calibre has no chance to add it back, because Standard Calibre knows nothing about the update. However, if you use Edit Metadata to edit the Comments thereafter, Calibre will perform its default behavior. So, GUI Tool #18 is intended to be used when you will never want any HTML in the Comments for certain selected books.

I would never suggest that you install JS+ just for GUI Tool #18, but if you have JS+ already, or want or need one of its many other GUI Tools or its Job Display Tool, then #18 would be available automatically.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=269911

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #18
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks for the suggestion

But I'm okej with it. Just wanted to understand how the comment editor worked and what would be best regarding html code. With or without the <p class="description">.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote