Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
koboclarahd
koboclarahd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ClaraHD
Questions about Clara HD and Kobo arc 10hd

Hi all!

Hope you're all having a great day. I have 2 questions pertaining to the Kobo Clara HD:

1. Is it possible to transfer files to the device through wifi/email/ any other wireless/online means?

2. I was thinking about upgrading my new Kobo Clara HD's SD card and I wanted to ask if it was worth the risk, because I do not suffer from the light bleed issue that people are complaining about.

I am hesitant about popping open the back cover as it seems a surefire way of getting the issue if one does not have it in the first place.

I am aware of the tape mod and think it is doable but I would prefer to avoid all the hassle in the first place.

3. I have a Kobo Arc 10hd and think its phenomenal for reading comics. I wanted to know if there is any way to purchase a battery for it. I travel to China quite a lot and am positive that it is available there but I need a model number to go with it. Searching on the Chinese digital marketplace is not easy for replacement parts for niche products.

Much thanks in advance.
koboclarahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboclarahd View Post
Hi all!

Hope you're all having a great day. I have 2 questions pertaining to the Kobo Clara HD:

1. Is it possible to transfer files to the device through wifi/email/ any other wireless/online means?
You can download books using the browser.
Quote:
2. I was thinking about upgrading my new Kobo Clara HD's SD card and I wanted to ask if it was worth the risk, because I do not suffer from the light bleed issue that people are complaining about.

I am hesitant about popping open the back cover as it seems a surefire way of getting the issue if one does not have it in the first place.

I am aware of the tape mod and think it is doable but I would prefer to avoid all the hassle in the first place.
Opening the Clara HD is simple and fairly safe. I updated the card recently. If I had the replacement card ready, it would have taken 5 minutes to do.

For the light bleed, I suppose there is a risk that you might flex the device in a way that separated the bezel from the screen. That could increase the light bleed. Mine was fairly minimal, but, as I had it half-way apart, I took the bezel off and used a felt-tip pen to blacken the edges of the screen. That has removed the bleed completely.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2019, 07:54 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
David can you post Step by Baby Step on how to do this.... 8 gig to 32 gig transfer of OS. Now that you done it Do I need to take it back to factory?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
David can you post Step by Baby Step on how to do this.... 8 gig to 32 gig transfer of OS. Now that you done it Do I need to take it back to factory?
There are several sets of instructions here for upgrading the internal SD card. The ones I usually point to are Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same. There are some links to the tools that are out of date, but they go to the correct site. The tools are now under the "Support" link.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:08 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing changed since the last time I tried.
I followed the link went to the 1st link it took me to this: https://www.partitionwizard.com/free...n-manager.html
When I try to Down load it to my PC... win 8... it Stops tells me files are corrupt! When I tell it to DL anyway it Stops kicks me out of the web site !!!
Advert
Old 01-04-2019, 02:06 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

It's not downloading here, but that could be the link where I am.

But, as it is only needed to resize the book partition, I would recommend using the resize method in Magic Memory Upgrade Mod . After installing the upgraded card, put the KoboRoot.tgz from the KoboRoot-MagicMemory-Resize-3.16.10.zip file in that post. Then disconnect the device and it does the resizing for you. I've done this a few times recently with no issues.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:15 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

[deleted vidme link]

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-25-2021 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I'm in the US and the Mini-Tool from https://www.partitionwizard.com/free...n-manager.html downloads fine for me.

I used the 2 programs from the top post in this thread, I'm assuming the same programs work, it's just the opening of the device and swap of the internal card that will be different.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, arc 10hd, battery, clara hd, replacement