Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #1711
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnerable View Post
Comfort light auto adjust set to earlier than 9pm bedtime. In my phone & pc, the night mode setting is to specify the wakeup and bedtime (which i usually set at 7am & 7pm).
There is now a patch for this: https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...86b72200315bb8.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #1712
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
Wow thanks geek1011 for sharing! It worked for me. I just added the said section to the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file and set it to "Yes".

Last edited by bonnerable; 11-15-2019 at 10:20 PM.
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2019, 08:08 AM   #1713
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
Change rotate toggle between Auto & Portrait

The rotation button currently will show a dropdown menu for Auto, portrait & landscape.
Most of the time I just use portrait. If I need to switch to landscape I usually just select Auto.
So instead of a dropdown hope it can be converted to just a toggle.
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:43 AM   #1714
HolyAura
Groupie
HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I wish Kobo would have:
1. Something like a X-Ray feature
2. Return of the reading statistics shortcut in the in-book menu
3. Have a Home button in the in-book menu
4. Progress bar switchable to chapter progress
5. Switch locations of header and footer
6. Better dictionaries (as in with more definitions)
7. Allow to immediately start reading without having to wait for the reader to load when powered on.
HolyAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:22 PM   #1715
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAura View Post
I wish Kobo would have:
1. Something like a X-Ray feature
They tried that and it was not used enough to justify it's existence. Google Beyond the Book for more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAura View Post
7. Allow to immediately start reading without having to wait for the reader to load when powered on.
Sounds as if you are looking for sleep mode. Stop turning your ereader off and use sleep mode. Instant on and right where you left off using your ereader.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2019, 12:54 PM   #1716
Handsome2000
Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens View Post
I noticed that with the latest firmware 4.18.13737, "reading statistics" is not updated while reading, but only when changing the chapter or reopening the book ... It does not update the time remaining in the chapter or in the book.
Hello,

I have the same problem, will there be any firmware update soon?

thank you.
Handsome2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #1717
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome2000 View Post
I have the same problem, will there be any firmware update soon?
We will probably see a new firmware released before the end of the year.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #1718
stringsonfire
stringsonfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Better charging reminder on sleep screen

As an Aura H20 owner who uses the eReader where it cannot be charged (e.g. public transport), I want a very visible reminder to recharge my battery when it's sleeping, so that I notice it when I'm at home and remember to charge it before it's next needed.

Currently, it shows a tiny line of text above the front cover image when charging is required. This is almost pointless as it is not noticeable.

A more helpful solution would be, at its simplest, just drop the front cover entirely when battery is <=10% and put "CHARGE ME" across the screen in as big a font as will fit, or for a prettier approach cut out the middle of the cover image to insert this message, again as large as possible.

Thanks!
stringsonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:04 PM   #1719
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringsonfire View Post
As an Aura H20 owner who uses the eReader where it cannot be charged (e.g. public transport), I want a very visible reminder to recharge my battery when it's sleeping, so that I notice it when I'm at home and remember to charge it before it's next needed.

Currently, it shows a tiny line of text above the front cover image when charging is required. This is almost pointless as it is not noticeable.

A more helpful solution would be, at its simplest, just drop the front cover entirely when battery is <=10% and put "CHARGE ME" across the screen in as big a font as will fit, or for a prettier approach cut out the middle of the cover image to insert this message, again as large as possible.

Thanks!
That's not actually a workable idea. If you have a sleep cover, when you open the cover, the notice would go away without you seeing it. What you can do is keep with you a backup battery and a microUSB cable to charge your H2O while you are out and about. I use a backup battery with a miroUSB cable and the cable has an adapter to allow me to charge my ipHone. So I onlt need one cable with me to charge my iPhone, H2O, or music player.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #1720
stringsonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's not actually a workable idea. If you have a sleep cover, when you open the cover, the notice would go away without you seeing it. What you can do is keep with you a backup battery and a microUSB cable to charge your H2O while you are out and about. I use a backup battery with a miroUSB cable and the cable has an adapter to allow me to charge my ipHone. So I onlt need one cable with me to charge my iPhone, H2O, or music player.
Lugging around more weight isn't really a solution, I guess what I'm suggesting will only benefit users who don't have the sleep cover.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:22 PM   #1721
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Lugging around more weight isn't really a solution, I guess what I'm suggesting will only benefit users who don't have the sleep cover.
And honestly, what you suggest isn't really any better. It requires you to actually look at the screen and see it. Just get in the habit of charging the device when you have a chance. It will not harm anything.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:14 AM   #1722
stringsonfire

This is already a feature. The sleep screen states it needs to be charged. Someone at Kobo thought this was worth having.

The problem I have is that this text is too small.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:05 AM   #1723
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
This is already a feature. The sleep screen states it needs to be charged. Someone at Kobo thought this was worth having.

The problem I have is that this text is too small.
Request a patch to the text size in the patch thread in the Kobo Developers forum.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:06 PM   #1724
RamonR
RamonR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Readwise integration. Love my Kobo Aura One, but note-taking / highlighting is such a horrible experience that I don't even bother with it anymore. This leaves me to feel like I'm not retaining / getting the most out of reading non-fiction books.
RamonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #1725
Wallace Lee
Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura second edition
I would would like the option to lock the horizontal flipping of my libra. It's too sensitive most of times. i put my device on the table and it flips upside down. The option of turning it on and off would be appreciated.
Wallace Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo