Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
Crucis
Crucis began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Epic/Galaxy
Unable to connect to Content Svr Calibre

I've been unable to connect to the Calibre Content Severs since they upgraded to 4.8. I'm on a local network and the URL I've been using is http://192.168.1.xx:8008

That had worked until recently. My current CC android version is 5.4.33 (391) and I'm using Window 7 Pro for the content server. CC is running on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A.

I could log in tp the content server directly via a browser, but I've been using CC for years and prefer its UI. I'm open to suggestions.
Crucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You are really using port 8008?
Are you sure you PC still has the IP represented by xx? (if you pull down the menu for connect share: it will show the IP being used)

And Windows might have struck again: make sure you network is STILL private
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:31 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And there is no need to hide any of the IP address; that's a local (non routabke on the internet) address.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
Crucis
Crucis began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Epic/Galaxy
Yes. I'm sure of the IP address and yes, it IS a private network, not even bluetooth nor cell access. And, the full IP is 192.168.1.30 and the port is 8008, not 8080.
Crucis is offline   Reply With Quote