Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Plastic Logic Que

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
jpreynolds7
jpreynolds7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thumbs down When will the Que be available?

Is the Que really going to be produced and made available? I saw a working prototype at CES in Las Vegas in January. No news other than it's been delayed. And the company raised even more money to the over $200M they have burned through with no revenues.
jpreynolds7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Hi jprenolds7 and wlcome to MR!

Well, in the careers section of their website (still hiring additional workforce for their plant near Dresden in Germany) they do still talk about "in 2010" ...

No further dates known here though.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
did anyone ever get one?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
It's not supposed to ship until 24 June.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Yeah I'm wondering if mine -- oops I mean my husband's
will show up this week.

So awesome that they upgraded me to free shipping in exchange for the months and months of delay. /sarcasm.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
can u order now?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
I don't know how the Que is going to compete. I would think the more business-oriented users would go for something like an iPad and the people who want eink for reading would choose newly discounted e-readers like the Kindle or Nook.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:47 AM   #8
feelfine
feelfine began at the beginning.

Device: iliad book edition
It is 24 June
And has anybody got some news about que?
I am just wondering if they are really going to ship it at all?
feelfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #9
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Over at TeleRead, Chris Meadows did a bleak post about this yesterday.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:57 AM   #10
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Que dijo Señor? You want the Que? Bwahahahaha!

I waited for 3 years for the "PlasticReader". I wanted it for the end of my thesis. didn't happen on 2008. I wanted it for a post doc for reading papers. And it didn't happen on 2009! And now the iPad is lower in price, faster and with color. I just don't see how they can sell it! Especially with such an astronomical price tag! I would have gladly paid even $900 on 2008 but now... now I would buy it only if it was at LEAST $50-100 cheaper than the iPad.

Oh btw! They will only deliver (in the case they do) to addresses in the US! I mean... WTF! It's a German company, how is it that Europe doesn't even get the chance to pay for vaporware!?

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
dister
dister began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Plastic Logic is not a German company, they just have an office in Germany. The headquarter is in the US.

Wired reported they canceled all orders for the device and are not accepting new ones:

Quote:
Plastic Logic isn’t shipping the Que e-reader, though the company is officially calling it a “delay.” Plastic Logic has canceled all pre-oders and is no longer offering a date as to when we can see the Que in the real world. It has also stopped taking pre-orders for the device.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...nto-vaporware/

I guess they are now thinking about a different business model.
dister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
beachwanderer
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dister View Post
they just have an office in Germany
A brand new factory near Dresden to be precise.
Quote:
Manufacturing, engineering and process integration is based in Dresden, Germany.
from here
Old 06-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
I wonder what they are going to fabricate there... hopes and dreams?

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
plastic electronics- that is what the factory was built for. Plastic Logic is not an ereader company. they are a plastic electronic company. They are the only company in the world that that can produce plastic transistors. They can now produce plastic transistor arrays.

The Que is to be their first platform to show off their plastic tech. Whether it gets produced or not- and it will- they arent going away , as their core tech is quite incredible and they are making it better all the time. they have good funding and excellent backers.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:12 AM   #15
beachwanderer
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
plastic electronics- that is what the factory was built for. Plastic Logic is not an ereader company. they are a plastic electronic company.