Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
phimath
phimath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire (Modded Jelly Bean)
Calibre with Modded Kindle Fire

I am running a lightly modified version of Android Jelly Bean on a first gen Kindle Fire. What is the best way to use Calibre with it? When I plug it in, it auto detects it as a Kindle Fire, but this will not allow me to send my epubs over because it says it can't find a suitable format. Is there anyway to force Calibre to see it as a generic Android device instead of a Fire?
phimath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by phimath View Post
I am running a lightly modified version of Android Jelly Bean on a first gen Kindle Fire. What is the best way to use Calibre with it? When I plug it in, it auto detects it as a Kindle Fire, but this will not allow me to send my epubs over because it says it can't find a suitable format. Is there anyway to force Calibre to see it as a generic Android device instead of a Fire?
Use the Calibre_Companion App
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phimath View Post
I am running a lightly modified version of Android Jelly Bean on a first gen Kindle Fire. What is the best way to use Calibre with it? When I plug it in, it auto detects it as a Kindle Fire, but this will not allow me to send my epubs over because it says it can't find a suitable format.
You can send any format you want to the Kindle Fire. Go to Preferences - Plugins - Device Interface plugin - Kindle Fire and customize the plugin. Check the epub format then highlight ePub and move it to the top so it is the first choice to be sent to this device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, fire, kindle, modded, rooted