Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #31
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Book 2 is just a continuation of book 1, that's why it is never book 2.

As for where to start, there are several sub-series within Discworld that are great reads. I think the two best starting points are Guards! Guards! (City Watch sub-series) or Equal Rites (Witches sub-series) but you can really start with the first book in any of the sub-series.

I agree with this too.
I'd agree with that. I didn't much like A Colour of Magic and most of the earlier books (I was fairly lukewarm about them) but I did like the City Watch books and the Unseen University books. Still not enough to bother buying them though - I read my partner's copies.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:03 AM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Perhaps not quite the same, but certainly related: I've tried new authors before where the first book I've read of theirs (but perhaps not their first book) turns out to be one that I just couldn't stand. But when trying another offering of theirs (perhaps as a favor to a friend who loves said author), I've been pleasantly surprised to find that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It hasn't happened often, but it's happened enough that I've learned not to write-off an author based on a single piece of their work. Unless that initial work was hideously and personally offensive to me, of course.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote