Old 07-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #31
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Two pieces of news:
  1. Calibre 2.32 supporting CC template functions is now out.
  2. Amazon told us today that the Cloud Drive approval process will take multiple weeks.
Given the above, we have decided to release CC to production as soon as we have feedback from people using CC's templates, possibly as early as Sunday. Of course, if the feedback is that it doesn't work, then we will make other plans.

Thanks again to the alpha and beta testers.
I will test the template function with Calibre 2.32 when I arrive at home tonight and will give feedback.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #32
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Well i tested following template with Calibre 2.32.1 with Wifi connection.
Quote:
:if: {series}:then:{series:|_|}:else:{first_author} :::/{series_index:%04d/%07.2f|[|] - }{title} - {first_author}
Tested about 300 books with different series, various or multiple authors, etc.
All working so far as expected. The Calibre template is completely ignored

The only wish i have is a "contains" syntax to check the context of some tags to alter if/then the result of a template

I explained it further here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=29

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 07-17-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:49 AM   #33
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
Well i tested following template with Calibre 2.32.1 with Wifi connection.

Tested about 300 books with different series, various or multiple authors, etc.
All working so far as expected. The Calibre template is completely ignored

The only wish i have is a "contains" syntax to check the context of some tags to alter if/then the result of a template

I explained it further here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=29
Thanks for the feedback.

I answered the post you referred to in the other thread.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:54 AM   #34
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Production candidate V4.1.0 has been released

If all goes well this release will be made generally available tomorrow (Sunday).

Changes:
V4.1.0:
  • Temporarily remove Amazon Cloud Drive, waiting for them to finish their review.
  • [BUG FIX]Always use a period in formatted numbers in templates instead of using the locale's norm. This makes CC do the same thing as calibre
  • [BUG FIX]The template processor was "cleaning" the template too early, causing some subtle problems with :if: processing
Old 07-19-2015, 05:13 PM   #35
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Is there any prospect of cloud support for Google Drive or are there still issues whereby the calibre library can be destroyed? This seems a natural cloud for Android tablets.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #36
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Google Drive still destroys calibre libraries. I don't want to be part of supporting someone losing data.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #37
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's for sure!

CC cloud connection looks great so I guess it's time to get myself some free Dropbox space.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:12 PM   #38
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
That's for sure!

CC cloud connection looks great so I guess it's time to get myself some free Dropbox space.
I think that both Box and OneDrive offer more free space than Dropbox.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:24 PM   #39
Agama
Guru

Thanks for that heads-up. I hadn't heard of Box but they do offer a lot more free space than Dropbox, 10GB vs 2GB. OneDrive offers 15GB free so that's also a good option. Presumably CC's cloud connection is secure?
Old 07-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #40
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Presumably CC's cloud connection is secure?
The communication between CC and the cloud provider is secure. I can't speak for the cloud provider's internal security, though.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:50 AM   #41
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Google Drive still destroys calibre libraries. I don't want to be part of supporting someone losing data.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the issue with Google Drive? How does it destroy Calibre's libraries?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:53 AM   #42
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the issue with Google Drive? How does it destroy Calibre's libraries?
See WARNING - Google Drive Incompatible with Calibre! in the Related Tools subsection of the calibre forum.