Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #16
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
8GB is a serious limitation without any hope of expansion. My iPhone 4 has 16GB and I was actually surprised how quickly it fills up. I don't have much music on it, but even my apps take up around 5GB. For instance, my Oregon Trail game takes up more than 1 GB of space! I like the specs of the Fire otherwise but that storage limitation ...
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
8GB is a serious limitation without any hope of expansion. My iPhone 4 has 16GB and I was actually surprised how quickly it fills up. I don't have much music on it, but even my apps take up around 5GB. For instance, my Oregon Trail game takes up more than 1 GB of space! I like the specs of the Fire otherwise but that storage limitation ...
My phone has 512MB internal memory and a MicroSD slot. I currently have a 2GB card that came with it in. I'm only pressed for space on the Internal memory due to some apps not allowing installs to Card.

I don't see 8GB being an issue if you are getting the Fire as Reader only. If you download movies which run around 4GB then you could have issues. Plus if you also listen to alot of music. The Amazon MP3 player does need space despite using the cloud storage, it downloads the MP3s directly on the device when playing a song.

It will start playing when it's halfway downloaded. So if you plan to use it as a MP3 player heavily you may want to keep in mind to clear the cache once done.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Even dumb phones have bluetooth these days and they still have 2.5mm jacks. That limitation makes the card slot worthless for me.
What would a headphone jack make a card slot worthless? There are simple adapters for 2.5mm to 3.5mm available for a few bucks.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
What would a headphone jack make a card slot worthless? There are simple adapters for 2.5mm to 3.5mm available for a few bucks.

Dale
I tried the adapter bit years ago when I first got a cell phone. I was always misplacing it and frequently didn't have it when I needed it. So I gave up.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote