Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
B & H Photo and Video?

I am considering buying my 505 from this company. I know they have been mentioned before but what all can you tell me about them. Are they a reliable company?
Thanks for the help!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
readingrocks!
x
readingrocks! doesn't litterreadingrocks! doesn't litter

Device: None
I bought a digital camera from B&H several years ago with no problems. Good luck!

Last edited by readingrocks!; 02-21-2009 at 07:40 PM.
readingrocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
I've bought lots of video equipment, spending thousands of dollars, from B&H with no problems what-so-ever. I wouldn't worry about purchasing a Reader from them.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, B&H is a reliable reputable company. You should have no trouble ordering a 505 from them.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I got mine there and it was a smooth transaction!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Yes, I ordered from them - and I'm in Australia. I think several Australians have been happy with their service.

My only minor quibble was that I went overseas at Christmas. I came home to find that the Australian branch of B&H had sent me, unsolicited, a bulky catalogue in the mail, which jammed up my letter box.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
B&H is a great great company. I don't know anyone who's had a problem with them.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Alpha_Cluster
Enthusiast
Alpha_Cluster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Libre2
I ordered mine from there a few days ago and everything seems to be going fine. You can always check with the Better Business Bureau for information about if its a good company (which is what i did with them before I ordered) if you are really worried. B&H impressed me with their BBB rating.
Alpha_Cluster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Thank you all so much!
I will be ordering it from them tomorrow!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Congrats! I hope you love it
Old 02-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
B&H is a great great company. I don't know anyone who's had a problem with them.
B&H is a great company until you have a problem.

I was a guest unstructor at a photographic workshop in Death Valley, CA. I ordered supplies for myself and other instructors 10 days before the workshop, everything to be shipped overnight. The supplies did not come until I was home from the workshop 3 weeks later. When the items were not recieved overnight I called and was told it was not there problem it was fedex. I canceled the order and the items came the 3 weeks later anyway. The package was labeled ground shipment. B&H handeled the problem by eleminating me from there mailings.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
B&H is a great company until you have a problem.

I was a guest unstructor at a photographic workshop in Death Valley, CA. I ordered supplies for myself and other instructors 10 days before the workshop, everything to be shipped overnight. The supplies did not come until I was home from the workshop 3 weeks later. When the items were not recieved overnight I called and was told it was not there problem it was fedex. I canceled the order and the items came the 3 weeks later anyway. The package was labeled ground shipment. B&H handeled the problem by eleminating me from there mailings.
Yikes. Did they still charge you for the order?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #13
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Yikes. Did they still charge you for the order?
I accepted the order because they were items we would use anyway, but they refused to credit me for the overnight shipping. I had been a customer for over 10 years.

The Workshop in Death Valley was a major success and a good time was had by all.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:51 AM   #14
Staz
Staz began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just purchased a PRS-505 from them. It cost over $60 USD to get it to me here in New Zealand! I can't wait for it to arrive!
Staz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #15
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Hubby ordered my 505 online from Frys electronics and requested overnight shipping.
They quite nicely called us within 15 minutes to confirm order, address, etc.
I received the next day via Fed-Ex.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote