Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #1
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
Specific search criteria for a Virtual Library

Dear Lord I do hope this makes sense folks.

I've a few Virtual Libraries -one called Wishlist. I add books -really covers only- and the date available to remind me when to purchase them.

They all have different release dates and I'd like to search / organize VL Wishlist by current month and year without organizing my entire Calibre library in that way.

When I set up VL Wishlist I added columns for Start and End read dates; Date Available; Price; Date Purchased etc..

I sort VL Wish List by the Date Available column but can only do so A-Z or Z-A. I'd like to be able to -sort/filter by a specific month and year. Would I use Add Saved Search?
What search expression would I use?
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui...h-interfacefor the syntax for searching on date like columns
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2018, 09:37 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@C-novice - the Advanced Search tool has a Date Search GUI

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	164967

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:01 PM   #4
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

@kovid, @BetterRed. Thank you both.

I saw those 2 options but I think this #preorder_dateavailable:=thismonth is the closest to what I needed which is, e.g. 'between July 01, 2018 and July 31, 2018' something just to filter out the specific time frame.

I would just like to write something like 'March 15, 2018 and August 25, 2018' and see the books relevant to those dates.

In any case, Calibre is quite fantastic. Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:50 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
#preorder_dateavailable:>=2018-03-15 and #preorder_dateavailable:<=2018-04-15
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #6
C-novice
ReadingZealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
#preorder_dateavailable:>=2018-03-15 and #preorder_dateavailable:<=2018-04-15
This is perfect. thanks kovid. Now I can make it a saved search and change the criterion as needed.

Last edited by C-novice; 07-10-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Tags
add a search, search criteria, virtual library