Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-13-2021, 09:05 AM   #1
msel
Connoisseur
msel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the husk

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
One or three libraries?

I've three libraries, every one has between 8500 and 10500 Items. I want to simplify the management of the library. At the time I often copies book from one to another library.
Should I create only one library with three virtual libraries? Or would this large library (about 30000 items) to big to manage with Calibre?
msel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Reasons for separate Libraries:
1) Structure differences (different custom Columns)
2) Age restrictions (isolate Adult content from little eyes)
3) Intake processing (clean metadata and normalize tags, ratings) before adding to Target Library

You already figured out the reason for combined ones
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:45 AM   #3
msel
Connoisseur
msel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the huskmsel can grip it by the husk

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Thank you, theducks, so I will combine all the libraries to one. How many virtual libraries I need I will decide later (one at least, but perhaps the most of the books / videos / podcasts are not in any virtual library).
msel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:49 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Also, a bit of advice: If you're using 32-bit Calibre, it may have an issue with that many books. So if you can do so, upgrade to 64-bit - it can utilize more memory.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
No issues with about 25,000 books here. They're all in one library and I don't even use virtual ones, just various tags, custom columns and saved searches.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
library management, virtual library