Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-16-2014, 03:21 AM   #1
Sundevyl
Experienced User
Sundevyl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch; Motorola Xoom 10" Tablet
Cool Virtual Library Tabs

It appears that the maximum number of virtual library tabs allowed to display above the book list is set to 10. I have searched without success in documentation and this forum to see if there is a setting to control the number of tabs displayed.

Does anyone know if there is a setting for this, or where to tweak the setting in a configuration file?

Thanks,

Larry
Sundevyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I recall, there is no such restirction. SImply use the arrows at the end of the tab list to see tabs that are hidden.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just checked, and I have 11 virtual libraries in one of my libraries (maybe I should think about consolidating).

You might consider shortening the names of your virtual libraries to fit more on the screen at once.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
There is no limit to the amount of tabs. I have 13 tabs showing and 18 tabs total. Simply click the arrow to navigate left and right. You can arrange your tabs by dragging your most used tabs to the left so they will always be visible.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:22 AM   #5
Sundevyl
Experienced User
Sundevyl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch; Motorola Xoom 10" Tablet
Thanks for your comments. They motivated me to dig deeper and discover the source of my problem. I hadn't realized that closing a tab would also flag it as "hidden" and thus prevent it from displaying again until I "un-hid" it. I've submitted a bug report about this.
Sundevyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tab, virtual library