Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #46
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thank you for sharing. It's certain someone with the same issues can try. I know others will appreciate all work arounds posted.

Please report this issue to Kovid in our Calibre forum so he can look into it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
I did report this on the Calibre Forum. I am assuming it is just a software bug.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
I did report this on the Calibre Forum. I am assuming it is just a software bug.
Ah yes I see Kovid already gave his answer. I would do the factory reset as he suggested and see if that fixes the problem. File systems are funny things. If it gets corrupted it can cause all sorts of problems. I have found many times using Android and eInk that factory reset sometimes fixes what wrong. It's worth a try. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2017, 12:35 AM   #48
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
I will respectfully disagree, I spent hours trying to figure this out and I stand by my statement.

How do you fix it when this happens?
I restart Mac, open Calibre, connect to any port and Aura One shows up both on Mac and in Calibre.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:06 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Has anyone with this Calibre problem tried running Calibre first and then plugging the Kobo into the computer? When I want to connect to Calibre, I run Calibre first and then I plug in the H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #50
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Link to Kovid's reply in the thread in calibre forum

Something messed up the Kobo's file system. Calibre trying to use the messed up file system meant that the Kobo crashed. Not a calibre bug.

But easy to see how it might be misinterpreted that way.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2017, 12:05 PM   #51
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has anyone with this Calibre problem tried running Calibre first and then plugging the Kobo into the computer? When I want to connect to Calibre, I run Calibre first and then I plug in the H2O.
My problem is both with Mac and Calibre. Every now and then neither Mac nor Caliber recognise it. When I restart Mac and open Calibre, usually both suddenly show Kobo. My Caliber is always on when Mac is on.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:11 PM   #52
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember in order for calibre to see a device, the O/S that calibre is running on has to recognize the device, either on one or more drive letters for Windows or via a path where the device has been mounted for OSX and Linux.

There is no point saying calibre can't see the device if the O/S can't see it.

When the O/S can see the device and calibre can't, then it means that the device's USB signature is not recognized by calibre, and either an existing driver needs to be tweaked or a new driver is required.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:20 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anyone with these disk I/O errors actually done a check of the Kobo to see if there are any errors? That's what I would be doing given what a disk I/O error is. The thing is, you need to figure out what the problem is and that is the first place I'd look.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #54
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'd also suggest checking the O/S log files to see if there are any pertinent messages. On Windows this would be eventvwr

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:26 PM   #55
Lady Stardust
User

As for me, I think I will wait to see what davidfor finds out since he also seems to have problems connecting Aura One to PC.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:51 AM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
As for me, I think I will wait to see what davidfor finds out since he also seems to have problems connecting Aura One to PC.
I wouldn't your breath. This not an area I am particularly comfortable working with. I'll go through the logs and see what I can find. Plus, it will be a few days before I can really devote any time to it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:00 AM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Question, who's not having any trouble connecting your KA1 or H2O2 to the computer and using Calibre?
Old 08-12-2017, 05:51 AM   #58
Lady Stardust
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I wouldn't your breath. This not an area I am particularly comfortable working with. I'll go through the logs and see what I can find. Plus, it will be a few days before I can really devote any time to it.
I have no problem with waiting. When my Mac and Calibre recognise Aura One I load several books and I am set. If I want to add more books, I try, usually fail, restart Mac and usually it works again. So I am fine for now.
Problem will be if I fail completely, but that hasn't happened so far.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:56 AM   #59
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Question, who's not having any trouble connecting your KA1 or H2O2 to the computer and using Calibre?
I have a Kane, and it depends on the wire, for recognizing the device. After recognition, no problem
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:51 AM   #60
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Me, H2O2.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote