Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Horrible Amazon customer service. (Now resolved.)

Before I send this off to Jeff Bezos, I wonder if anyone sees anything wrong in what I've written. Either not easy to understand, grammatical problems or anything else. I bought an LG G6 so it's not a cheap phone. I might have given up if it wasn't expensive. It just wouldn't be worth it.

Here's yet another version. I really hope I did a better job on this one.

I have sent the\is email to Jeff Bezos with the subject "Customer service refuses to give me the phone I ordered".

Quote:

Mr. Bezos,

I ordered an LG G6 US997 factory unlocked model on prime day for $449 and received the wrong model phone, which I returned for a replacement; the replacement was also the wrong model. Despite repeated interactions with Amazon customer service, I still haven't been able to receive the phone I ordered at the price in effect when I ordered it. I have been told that I must purchase the phone at a higher price if I still want it. The original order number is 111-2949663-1393040.

Here are the details of my repeated attempts to resolve the issue.

7-14-2017
• I called CS about receiving the wrong phone, they ordered another phone as a replacement. I received the wrong model again, and I was charged a much higher price than what I paid for it.
• I was promised a $5 credit because of the problem, but received $5 refer-a-friend App credit. I cannot use this. Please remove this credit from my account and give me what I was supposed to get.

7-26-2017
• I received a refund for the replacement phone after contacting CS again by chat. This person was very helpful.
• I inquired by email how and when I would get the correct phone. I was told that I could purchase one from a different seller at a much higher price than what I originally paid. At this point I was not refunded for my original purchase.

7-31-2017
• I replied to the email from 7-26 and I received a response saying "We work hard to find the best prices out there and make sure our prices are as low or lower changing our prices instantly if we find a lower offer somewhere else. Therefore, we dont offer post-purchase adjustments". I received and paid for my phone, albeit the wrong model. I do not understand how this relates to price adjustments.

7-31-2017 new email
• I received email from CS saying that I was charged for the replacement because I didn't return the original phone in a timely fashion. I was charged for the replacement the very same day that I received the original phone, so that cannot be the reason why I was charged for the replacement.
• This same email told me that I was previously told to buy the phone from another seller at a higher price and that this was good customer service. If telling me to spend an extra $100 to get the phone I ordered is good customer service then I do not know what good customer service is. The phone was $549 then, it's currently $682.

I have been a prime member for a very long time and have spent a lot of money over the years. I would have expected better treatment and resolution. At almost each point of CS contact the problem was not resolved and at times the problem was made worse. At this point I don't have much faith in the problem being resolved. I did not ask for the refund on the original purchase, what I expected was to receive the correct model when it was available.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 08-02-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Drop the last paragraph as it sounds whiny.
Also change the wording of the last sentence in the paragraph before that. It is not professional and unneeded.

The rest looks good.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Well, you aren't really stuck with Amazon. Walmart has a strong online marketing presence, and there are others, depending on what you need.

Now, that doesn't mean I think you are wrong in trying to do what you are doing. You are not wrong. I am just pointing out that Amazon is NOT the only shop in town, you have options.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Also change the wording of the last sentence in the paragraph before that. It is not professional and unneeded.

The rest looks good.
Thanks
Old 07-31-2017, 04:39 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Well, you aren't really stuck with Amazon. Walmart has a strong online marketing presence, and there are others, depending on what you need.

Now, that doesn't mean I think you are wrong in trying to do what you are doing. You are not wrong. I am just pointing out that Amazon is NOT the only shop in town, you have options.
I know, but it takes a lot of energy I don't have to look up a bunch of other places.

Is there an easier way to search at Walmart? Most of what I get are third party sellers. And I have found that Walmart doesn't have much of a description of the products they sell. They also sell a lot of cheap junk unless that has changed recently.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:45 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

The rest looks good.
I changed the last sentence in the in the second to last paragraph. I also left the last sentence of the last paragraph. How do you think it looks?
Old 07-31-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I would not raise other problems in this mail. Stick to just the problem with the phone, so only items 1-4 in your list.

Ignore the problem of the third-party accessory. Annoying to you, not Amazon's problem, IMO, since they would get you the right phone in the end, but you don't want it anymore.

State what resolution you do want. An apology? Compensation?
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:12 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Drop 5, 6 and the last paragraph.
You went from whiny to uppity.
If you want to state you have been a prime member for years, put it at the beginning.
Example,
Greetings Mr. Bezos,
I have been a prime member for years and recently I encountered the following problems with order #.
List the problems and how you would like it resolved.
Nothing more and no personal comments about the delivery people or anything else.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:12 PM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I would not raise other problems in this mail. Stick to just the problem with the phone, so only items 1-4 in your list.

Ignore the problem of the third-party accessory. Annoying to you, not Amazon's problem, IMO, since they would get you the right phone in the end, but you don't want it anymore.

Actually Amazon doesn't know I don't want the phone anymore, and their last email said they couldn't do price matching. I'm assuming that was in reference to the price difference between now and when I first bought the phone. I was supposed to get a replacement. Maybe I should move that from the beginning of the email and incorporate it into item 4. I can get rid of the other items after 4.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:13 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Actually Amazon doesn't know I don't want the phone anymore, and their last email said they couldn't do price matching. I'm assuming that was in reference to the price difference between now and when I first bought the phone. I was supposed to get a replacement. Maybe I should move that from the beginning of the email and incorporate it into item 4. I can get rid of the other items after 4.
Read post 8 for better wording.

Thanks for letting me take advantage of the Office education course I took in high school.

Always remember when dealing with a business, keep it professional and to the point.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:15 PM   #11
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

I also don't trust them to get me the correct phone. They keep sending me the Tmobile version when I ordered the US unlocked.

Compensation would be good, but I don't know how much to ask for.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:38 PM   #12
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Drop 5, 6 and the last paragraph.
You went from whiny to uppity.
If you want to state you have been a prime member for years, put it at the beginning.
Example,
Greetings Mr. Bezos,
I have been a prime member for years and recently I encountered the following problems with order #.
List the problems and how you would like it resolved.
Nothing more and no personal comments about the delivery people or anything else.
I was already going to remove 5 and 6 per pdurrant's suggestion, I just haven't done it yet. How to resolve this is up in the air for me. I welcome any suggestions.

Maybe I have only two states - whiny and uppity.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:44 PM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I was already going to remove 5 and 6 per pdurrant's suggestion, I just haven't done it yet. How to resolve this is up in the air for me. I welcome any suggestions.

Maybe I have only two states - whiny and uppity.
I think the problem isn't the two states, it is most of the time we all think emotionally. Lately mine are cranky or whiny.

Now on your resolution, in a dream world, what would you want from Amazon?
Apart from obviously the cost of phone and shipping costs you may have incurred?
What else could/can customer service do to make you happy?

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 07-31-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:09 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It needs to be more simplistic. The people that reads these will only glance at it. You got too much going on. Bring it down to an outline then at the bottom you can add feedback or complaints.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:29 PM   #15
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I've just done a pretty big rewrite, so for those who love to correct people you can do it again!