Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-19-2020, 08:33 PM   #76
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
The ad lists two non-contract companies that must be part of the purchase. If they are non-contract, would I be able to switch them to non-contract Consumer Cellular immediately? Or after 1 month maybe?
Probably not. I think they are selling these by agreement with Straight Talk and Total Wireless, and from what I remember, both companies will only unlock the phones after 12 months of service with them.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #77
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
The ad lists two non-contract companies that must be part of the purchase. If they are non-contract, would I be able to switch them to non-contract Consumer Cellular immediately? Or after 1 month maybe?
I don't think so. The Moto E6 I just got stated that I had to have 12 months of paid service with them before they'd unlock the phone.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:25 PM   #78
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thanks, both of you.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:11 AM   #79
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
ATTN GA Russell and anyone else interested.

I have read that the CRITERION FLASH SALE is starting OCTOBER 20, 2020 Noon ET (today) and will last for 24 HRS. The "flash" sale is conducted directly from their website.
I would post a link to the site where I read it but seem to recall that is not allowed...so a small quote:
Quote:
Just received an email announcing the FLASH SALE starting tomorrow at Noon ET. In the last couple sales no PROMO CODE was needed and prices have automatically been changed to 50% after the sale starts.

50% off MSRP (not current/Usual price) all in-stock movies -- DVD, BD, Includes Eclipse set, but not general merchandise. Backorders and pre-orders usually haven't been allowed. Items will go OOS so don't wait too long though the last few sales, many things did come back into stock at least once if not several times during the sale.
The website usually gets hammered in the first couple hrs so be patient.
Link is to a BluRay dot com thread:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=333413

Thanks TM.

Last edited by tch65721; 10-20-2020 at 10:37 AM.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:24 AM   #80
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post

I have read that the CRITERION FLASH SALE is starting OCTOBER 20, 2020 Noon ET (today) and will last for 24 HRS. The "flash" sale is conducted directly from their website.
I would post a link to the site where I read it but seem to recall that is not allowed...so a small quote:
Go ahead and post the link.

tm
Old 10-20-2020, 05:56 PM   #81
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Best Buy is having an Amazon device sale, ends 10/22 midnight

Amazon 60-hour Savings Event

Sale ends 10/22/20 at 11:59 p.m. CT. Prices valid during, but may begin before and end after, the sale dates. Limited quantities.

For anyone who was in a coma during Prime Day(s) and missed out, or want even more Amazon stuff, this is your chance. I am sorely tempted by the Echo Flex @ $9.99 with free Blink camera and Echo Show 5 with $5 smart bulb and FREE 3 month trial of Tidal Premium (that's the high quality stream) for $44.99 where I managed to resist buying the same items in the Prime sale. What can I say? I am weak. Yes, the 3rd Gen Dot is $18.99 again. And the real Black Friday tsunami hasn't even started yet.

Link
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:26 PM   #82
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sam's Club Black Friday --- ad scan | ad listing --- BF 2019

================================================== ==========

News Briefs================================================== ==========

Discounts
  • TBA

Doorbusters
  • doorbusters drop at specific dates & times -- so plan ahead

Smartphones
  • TBA

EXPIRED OFFERS================================================== ==========

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-16-2020 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:50 AM   #83
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Looks like I need to add a new monitor to my wish list as mine is starting to take 10 minutes plus to come on. It's 14 years old, so I guess time to replace.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:01 AM   #84
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
You're not kidding! That's why I've put them on my wish list!
Criterion is near the end of one of their twice annual 50% off days right now.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:03 PM   #85
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post

Link is to a BluRay dot com thread:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=333413

Thanks TM.
Thanks tch! I guess we can take that off my wishlist, but I hope there will be another sale before Christmas.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:25 AM   #86
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thanks tch! I guess we can take that off my wishlist, but I hope there will be another sale before Christmas.
Criterion has four 50% off sales a year, two on their own site, and two at Barnes and Noble. The second B&N one is in November.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:01 PM   #87
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Criterion has four 50% off sales a year, two on their own site, and two at Barnes and Noble. The second B&N one is in November.
Thanks TV! Please let me know!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:49 AM   #88
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Best Buy Black Friday --- ad scan | ad listing --- BF 2019 | BF FAQs

News Briefs================================================== ==========

Discounts================================================== ==========

Doorbusters
  • doorbusters drop at specific dates & times -- so plan ahead

Tablets --- starts 22 Nov
  • Pg 01 -- Apple (save up to $70) --- 26 Nov only
  • Pg 11 -- Amazon ($80~120) | Microsoft ($600~1000)
  • Pg 12 -- Apple (save up to $150)
  • Pg 15 -- Samsung (starting at $100)

Stream Audio --- starts 22 Nov
  • Pg 06 -- Sonos ($300~600)
  • Pg 07 -- Amazon ($45~160) | Lenovo ($35)
  • Pg 12 -- Apple (no price)
  • Pg 20 -- Amazon ($19)

Stream Video --- starts 22 Nov
  • Pg 06 -- Fire TV ($28~30) | Roku TV ($25~30)
  • Pg 20 -- Fire TV ($18)

Smartphones --- starts 22 Nov
  • Pg 02 -- Samsung ($200) --- 28 Nov only
  • Pg 12 -- Apple (starting at $200)
  • Pg 14 -- Google ($500) | GreatCall (save 50%)
  • Pg 14 -- Motorola ($150~$200) | Samsung ($250~$325)
  • Pg 15 -- Samsung (save up to $750)
  • Pg 20 -- Samsung (starting at $350)

Computers --- starts 22 Nov
  • Pg 01 -- Apple (save up to $200) --- 26 Nov only
  • Pg 02 -- ASUS ($1200) | HP ($150) | HP ($800) | Lenovo ($180) --- 28 Nov only
  • Pg 09 -- ASUS ($600) | HP ($450) | iBuy ($900)
  • Pg 10 -- HP ($129~$1100) | Lenovo ($350)
  • Pg 11 -- HP ($530~700) | Lenovo ($550)
  • Pg 12 -- Apple (save up to $250)
  • Pg 20 -- Lenovo ($120~300)

Storage --- starts 22 Nov================================================== ==========

Accessories --- starts 22 Nov
  • BT Spkrs --- JBL ($150) | UE ($100)
  • Pwr Bank -- Mophie ($15)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-18-2020 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:13 PM   #89
SpaceCowboy1964
Enthusiast
SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOKcolor, NOOK for Android app, Kindle for PC app, Kindle for Android
I'm a Walmart associate and would like to mention that there probably won't be an MP3 player on any of the three Black Friday events from us. We essentially don't carry them in store any longer and the vast majority on our website are sold by third party vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Walmart Black Friday --> ad scan 1 | ad scan 2 | ad scan 3 | BF 2019

• Blk Fri 1 -- We 04~08 Nov 7pm ET (p 01~04) --- Sa 07~08 Nov 12am ET (p 05~08)
  • Blk Fri 2 -- We 11~15 Nov 7pm ET (p 01~03) --- Sa 14~15 Nov 12am ET (p 04~16)
  • Blk Fri 3 -- We 25~xx Nov 7pm ET (p 00~00) --- Fri 27~xx Nov 12am ET (p 00~00)
  • Cyb Mon --

Walmart Black Friday Ads Posted
  • Spoiler:

Discounts
  • SALE --
  • SALE --

Tablets================================================== ==========

eReaders
  • TBA

MP3 Players
  • TBA

Stream Audio
  • TBA

Stream Video================================================== ==========

Smartphones

Starting 14 Nov================================================== ==========

Computers

Starting 04 NovStarting 11 NovStarting 25 Nov
  • TBA

Storage
  • mSD Card -- SD starts 11 Nov
  • USB Drive --
  • Ext HDD ----
  • Int HDD ----
Accessories
  • BT Spkrs --- Altec | JBL starts 11 Nov
  • Pwr Bank --
  • Smrt Plug --

Media Deals
  • Audiobooks ---
  • eBooks --------
  • Dig Music -----
  • Dig Videos ----
  • Gift Cards -----
  • misc Media ---

SpaceCowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:26 PM   #90
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy1964 View Post
I'm a Walmart associate and would like to mention that there probably won't be an MP3 player on any of the three Black Friday events from us. We essentially don't carry them in store any longer and the vast majority on our website are sold by third party vendors.
Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for the last ad to drop before I started erasing categories.