Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2020, 04:24 AM   #1
ninadb
ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen 6.8,Kindle PW-1,Kindle KB wifi, Ipad 10.2-wifi
Kindle paperwhite 1-Sticky back

Hi

I have a Kindle PW-1 purchased in June-2013
It has been running without any issues as of now
For the past 2-3 years it has been housed in the ProElite Kindle cover
When I took it out of the cover I realised that the Kindle back and sides have become sticky which is quite irritating
Questions
1. Is this a common issue with the Kindles
2. Is there any option to remove this stickiness

Thanks
Ninad
ninadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Talcum powder.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just put it back in the case or get a different case that doesn't have a sticky residue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
There are _some_ plastics that just get sticky with age. I don't know if the Kindle is that kind of plastic. But I just took a flashlight off my frig (magneted in place) and it's very sticky feeling. I went over it with Fantastik (a strong cleaner) to no avail; it's still sticky.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #5
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I've never had a sticky paperwhite. I have had a few instances of mildew/mold if they sit too long in cases though (high humidity area)
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle pw, stickyback