Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Adobe De-Registration

*sigh* Here goes.

I downloaded the Sony Reader software onto my tablet today to see what the app is all about. (I concur with the general opinion that it sucks.)

When setting up my account, the app demanded my Adobe ID. Without thinking twice about it, I gave it to the app, and it registered the app as a "device" and now I've hit my Adobe limit. (Count with me: 1 desktop, 1 laptop, 1 nook, 1 nook color, 1 sony, 1 sony app for my phone that I'm never going to use and I wish I'd never downloaded in the first place.)

Can anyone please please please tell me how to go about de-registering one or more of these devices with Adobe in a sane manner? I really do not want to de-register ALL my devices, just a couple.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: And I *have* hit my limit -- when I tried to register my Adobe ID with my actual Sony PRS-950 reader, it gave me the "too many registered devices" error.

Last edited by anamardoll; 07-14-2011 at 11:34 PM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Eek. Good luck. I think you have to CALL Adobe.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Eek. Good luck. I think you have to CALL Adobe.

I'm on chat support with the Adobe folks now. They don't even seem to understand the issue. *cries*
Old 07-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm so very sorry. I swear, I thought there were threads about how to contact Adobe to basically get MORE activations (rather than asking them to de-register), but it might be you have to have a device you want to activate first to use that option.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I had a similar situation not that long ago, and I knew I was about to register two new devices. After tons of time with customer support, I was told that I had to wait and try to register a new device and once it was denied, THEN I could contact them to allow me additional permissions.

And the upshot was.... it wasn't necessary. Two new devices went through, no issues. I'm now at four computers and five devices.

PS: I think you deregister a device by hooking it up to Adobe and then hitting Control/Shift/D. But that doesn't give you an additional permission anyway.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
PS: I think you deregister a device by hooking it up to Adobe and then hitting Control/Shift/D. But that doesn't give you an additional permission anyway.
Ctrl+Shift+D is for the computer.
Ctrl+Shift+E is for the plugged in device.

But seriously, de-registering with the Ctrl+Shift method doesn't free up a license? That seems equal parts counter-intuitive and illegal, since that's what the Chat people assured me I should do to free up a license.

And, of course, that doesn't solve my ^&%($ Sony Reader app issue. (Not that that's your fault or anything. Just seriously irked at Sony.)
Old 07-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
you have to submit a web case to go pas the registration limit

go here http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/

sign in with your adobe id of course, then click submit a web case on the right. tell them about trying the app etc and that you need to reset your limit so you can activate the 950
they'll fix it up for you. may take a few days . i have hit it several times now what with trying new devices and some updated firmwares being seen as new devices. they always fix it up.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
anamardoll, did you solve your problem? Because of the unique agreement that Sony has with Adobe that allows them to create Adobe ID's, I've read several posts by people that imply they have successfully increased their limit by contacting Sony support. They might be able to help you delete the Android device and add your 950. It's another option to try if Adobe support is too slow.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Ctrl+Shift+D is for the computer.
Ctrl+Shift+E is for the plugged in device.

But seriously, de-registering with the Ctrl+Shift method doesn't free up a license? That seems equal parts counter-intuitive and illegal, since that's what the Chat people assured me I should do to free up a license.
De-registering a device does not free up a license. (Why, if they allowed that, you could just have a pool of friends who register and unregister their devices willy-nilly and share a pool of ebooks. Can't have that!)

De-registering just keeps someone else from having access to your account on that device or computer; it's useful for when you want to sell a device or give it to someone else.

AFAIK, the only way to get more devices registered after the initial 6 involves talking to Adobe. I see that someone says talking to Sony might be enough.

Um. Time to look into the DRM-stripping software?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I'm glad I don't deal with Adobe DRM. What a stupid system...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
anamardoll, did you solve your problem? Because of the unique agreement that Sony has with Adobe that allows them to create Adobe ID's, I've read several posts by people that imply they have successfully increased their limit by contacting Sony support. They might be able to help you delete the Android device and add your 950. It's another option to try if Adobe support is too slow.
No, I haven't emailed them because my morale is low enough at this point that dealing with Adobe might cause me to slit my wrists with a paper book.

I'll try to deal with them this weekend, but I have family coming in and Husband gets concerned when I start ranting about Adobe in front of family members.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #12
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
just open/submit the web case. they'll take care of it.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've used my Adobe ID three or 4 times now. Once on the old computer, once on the new computer, once on the laptop and once maybe on the old 505. So I still have two more to go. I strip DRM so I don't need to use any more at the moment.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote