Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 09-05-2004, 02:14 PM   #16
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Laurens, I'm having trouble grabbing the NYTimes with Sunrise. I can still get it with Jpluck, no problem, but for some reason, with the same cookie and user agent settings, I can't seem to do it in Sunrise. Is this a known problem? Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here... Thanks.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #17
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz
Laurens, I'm having trouble grabbing the NYTimes with Sunrise.
Are you using the official RSS feeds? The Sunrise distribution comes with an example SDL that contains all the feeds on this page. (It also contains a script for rewriting links to the printer-friendly versions of the articles.) Actually, you don't need cookies or even a NYT subscription for this to work.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:53 PM   #18
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm actually trying to grab a single page using the "send to Sunrise" function in Firefox. However, when I open it on my Palm it is just a registration page. I am pointing to the Firefox cookies and have tried several different user agents. As I said, essentially the same setup works fine in Jpluck.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #19
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Well, I can only say that it is working for me here. I just converted the front page story about the hurricane in Florida through "Send to Sunrise" and it works fine. (I don't have to change the user agent either.)

The only thing I can think of at the moment is to
1) Verify that you are running the latest version (0.2.1) of Sunrise. (Sunrise 0.1 and 0.1.1 don't work with NYT.)
2) Double-check that you have indeed specified the correct cookies.txt file
3) Refresh your NYT login and try again. Simply log out, then log in again and restart the browser to verify.

At any rate, I know that people are using Sunrise to grab paid-for subscription sites like Salon and Wall Street Journal.

As a last resort, you might want to send me your cookies.txt so I can take a look at it (just the part with the NYT cookies).