Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
Nil Einne
Connoisseur
Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Any Chinese vertical text ePub 3 samples?

Anyone know of any where I can get a sample of a vertical layout traditional Chinese ebook in ePub3 format? Preferably in right to left with right to left page progression or samples of both. I've looked at various sample including the repository in Google code, the Azardi samples and a bunch of other place and while I found a few Japanese samples with vertical text, I'd like a Chinese one to show someone who can read Chinese. I would be nice if it also has some English or or latin alphabet text or even better if it mixes vertical and horizontal text (well I think that is possible in ePub3 but I'm not sure).

Well simplified Chinese would be okay too but I believe it's rare for it to be written vertically in books so seems a little odd. The only sample I've come across so far with Chinese is the UNHCR one on Azardi and a bunch of other ones which are all horizontal left to right, generally not even ePub3.

I could perhaps make one myself but would prefer one made by someone who hopefully know's what they're doing.

Cheers
Nil Einne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Just in case, did you have a look at this thread. I realise it is Japanese but the html/css in the epub could be equally applied to Chinese text.

Public domain ebook in example: kokoro - Xia Mu Shu Shi.epub

Last edited by PoP; 06-09-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: added example
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:10 PM   #3
bookman156
Addict
bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I came across this:

https://blog.tommyku.com/blog/how-to...rtical-layout/

It works at least in Foliate, the only epub reader I've tried it in so far.
bookman156 is offline   Reply With Quote