Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-16-2021, 12:25 PM   #5191
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New New Test Version Posted

2021-01-16
- Re-enable ffnet and bump up sleep times for same.
- ffnet fpcom, continue_on_chapter_error:true by default, increase sleep times.
- First rough version of reporting continue_on_chapter_error chapters.
- Report chapter_error in custom error column and marked (when configured).
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:13 PM   #5192
Ascello
Enthusiast
Ascello began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascello View Post
Basically, could someone help me with the .ini file in Calibre? Seriously, not sure where I should ask, I know exactly 0 about any programming and computer codes, so I am really out of my depth here.

So, I'm trying to give the files prefix based on the category. Basically my idea is that if category of the fic is XYZ then the title of the fic should be changed to ABC.title. So I have this code:

This is literally ALL the code I used for tests, so nothing should be interfering.

My issue is that the category is changed in ALL fics, but the title only in SOME. The only way to make it work on all fics is to remove the &&category part of the second line altogether, but I can't do it, because obviously I plan on having more than one category in the end.

All the stories affected are on Ao3, but I don't really use other websites, so the sample size outside Ao3 was very small. All of the affected fics seem to be only 1 chapter long (weather or not the fic is completed doesn't seem to have an effect). The titles of multi-chapter fics are changed as planned. This is extremely bizarre.

Also, ideally I would like to change the titles of anthologies too. But the code above doesn't work with them and nothing else I could come up with does either. I might be just too stupid for this.
Anyone pls help? I am still stuck on this. =.=
Ascello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2021, 01:32 PM   #5193
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would need to see some example story URLs that exhibit the issue, but I suspect they are stories that don't have any category values
Old 01-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #5194
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post

2021-01-16
Works for me. No more problems with ffnet downloads.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:12 PM   #5195
CuddlyMakani
CuddlyMakani began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Hi! I've been using FFF for more than half a year now, and I'm so happy I found it! Except for some difficulties in the beginning, I've never had any problems since then.

But I started having some problems with the "replace_metadata".

I've been using it to automatically change AO3 categories to others.

In my .ini, it looks like this:
category=>Marvel=>Marvel Cinematic Universe
or
category=>Marvel \(Marvel Movies\)=>Marvel Cinematic Universe

Around 1 week ago, the lines stopped working, but seemingly only the ones with brackets. (not 100% sure about though)
CuddlyMakani is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2021, 02:17 PM   #5196
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Nothing in that part of FFF has changed lately.

I'd have to see your exact ini settings and some story URLs it happens to. Otherwise I'm just guessing.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:14 PM   #5197
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It's hard to tell what's going on without seeing the other replace_metadatas, but some random things that have helped me figure out similar issues:

One thing to try is changing "Marvel" in the first line to ^Marvel$ to make it an exact string match and thus not mess up any strings just containing the word.

If you use a longtext metadata column, also check that to make sure your fics are still using "Marvel (Marvel Movies)" If the pattern changed (AO3 sometimes tweaks the category naming) it could break the regex.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-16-2021 at 05:59 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #5198
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New New New Test Version Posted

2021-01-16
- Update to cloudscraper v1.2.52
- Increase times between retries on fetch error.
- Tweek ffnet/fpcom sleep times again.
- slow_down_sleep_time: randomize between 0.5 time and 1.5 time.
- Report cloudscraper exceptions as such, plus hide the potentially misleading 'opensource' part.

So when slow_down_sleep_time:8, FFF will randomly choose a (float) value between 4 and 12 to sleep. I decided 'simple is better' in this case.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:10 PM   #5199
riothamus
Connoisseur
riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: None
Quote:

2021-01-16
The New New test version worked for ~15-20 stories that needed to be updated/overwritten. No errors or issues. Thanks much for the hard work!
riothamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:46 PM   #5200
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
For any FanFicFare users who read on Kobo, I posted a template I use for displaying fandom/fanfic status as a subtitle.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:56 AM   #5201
steltek
Connoisseur
steltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Well, started seeing the Cloudflare V2 errors again today, and FFF is no longer working for me.

EDIT: Looks like they are still having migration issues (including a hardware issue) according to FictionPress's Twitter feed. I'll give it a couple of hours and try again.

Last edited by steltek; 01-17-2021 at 08:59 AM.
steltek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:11 AM   #5202
steltek
Connoisseur
steltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura aboutsteltek has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
FFF seems to be working again. It may be that it will be hit or miss until the entire server migration is completed (which will hopefully be any time now).
steltek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:17 PM   #5203
Ascello
Enthusiast
Ascello began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
I would need to see some example story URLs that exhibit the issue, but I suspect they are stories that don't have any category values
The issue is for literally any single chapter story on ao3 as far as I see. And they do have category, and it is replaced just fine. Just the title prefix doesn't appear. For multi-chapter fics everything works fine. Here, literally the first fics i found on ao3 just now:

-Multi-chapter fic, everything works.
-One-shot, category replacement works, title prefix addition doesn't.
-First chapter of longer fic, issues as above.

BTW, since the code didn't copy to my last post:

Quote:
replace_metadata:
category=>^(.*)$=>XYZ
title=>^(.*)$=>ABC.\1&&category=>XYZ
There is no other code in personal.ini.

I apologise if this post appears twice, I had some error during the submission of this post, and I didn't read it properly, so not sure what's going on.

Last edited by Ascello; 01-17-2021 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Adding examples of fics that have the described issue.
Ascello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:29 PM   #5204
b00kiest
b00kiest began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, yoga 3 thinkpad
Unhappy Fanfiction.net error

Hello. I get this message no matter what I try:

The site fanfiction.net is blocking downloads. Site is disabled in this version of FanFicFare.

I've been trying for several days. I looked into going backwards in fff plugin but I can't seem to find an older zip file.

Any ideas? I can get the fff app to work and I can get AO3 to work.. it seems to only be fanfiction.net but other say it's working for them.

https://mobileread.cdn.speedyrails.n...lies/frown.gif
b00kiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:12 PM   #5205
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
The issue is for literally any single chapter story on ao3 as far as I see. And they do have category, and it is replaced just fine. Just the title prefix doesn't appear. For multi-chapter fics everything works fine. Here, literally the first fics i found on ao3 just now:
I owe Ascello a bit of an apology; when a new user comes along and says they see a problem with all stories of some sort, the odds of it being user error are much higher than a real bug.

But this one is a really subtle bug having to do with FFF caching metadata values after processing replace_metadata for a particular key once and the fact that the AO3 adapter, by fetching title from the metadata for one-shots (to use as the chapter title) before category values are collected causes FFF to cache an empty value for category the value of title without the category change. Which was propagated forward.

Notably, doing an 'Update from Saved Column' does't have that problem because it isn't fetching title just then.

There are at least three ways I could address this, each with different trade-offs. I'm still pondering which to go with. But there will be a fix coming.

Quote:
BTW, since the code didn't copy to my last post:
[quote] blocks are removed when quoting a past post. Use [code] blocks instead--they also preserve spacing better.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-17-2021 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Minor correction.

Tags
fanfiction