Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
relayer250
relayer250 began at the beginning.

Device: iOS & Kindle 2 Intl
Question MapleRead, can one export notes, annotations etc?

To MapleRead users, Is there any way to export the notes and annotations made to books in MapleRead so that they can be read outside of the app? My main concern here is creating a copy ever so often and updating it in my Calibre library.

Thanks!
relayer250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:30 AM   #2
Memoir74
Memoir74 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by relayer250 View Post
To MapleRead users, Is there any way to export the notes and annotations made to books in MapleRead so that they can be read outside of the app? My main concern here is creating a copy ever so often and updating it in my Calibre library.

Thanks!
Yes, you can.

Go into Notes. Click edit. Select all. The icon on the left corner will be enabled. If you click that it will allow you to share your notes.
Memoir74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:16 PM   #3
relayer250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memoir74 View Post
Yes, you can.

Go into Notes. Click edit. Select all. The icon on the left corner will be enabled. If you click that it will allow you to share your notes.
Thank you. I noticed none of them allow integration into the file itself so I suppose that always is the case.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #4
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:

Thanks!
If you sync your MapleRead data to the cloud, then there is already a copy of the data accessible via a web browser. I really like this feature, as it makes accessing my notes as easy as looking up something on the web, when I do more serious browsing or research on a topic.

If you wish, you may save the data of each book in its own HTML file on your computer too.

Actually, I am not aware of any other e-reader app offering the above feature. Does anyone know?

Spoiler:

The HTML file is pretty structured. Following is a fragment of such an HTML file corresponding to a highlight I made in Chapter 1 of an EPUB book I finished reading some time ago.

Code:
<div class='noteMark'>
<div class='quotation'>In 1938 humans were offered three global stories to choose from, in 1968 just two, in 1998 a single story seemed to prevail; in 2018 we are down to zero.</div>
<div class='comment'></div>
<div class='navLabel'>1. Disillusionment: The end of history has been postponed □ <span class='priority'>4</span></div>
</div>
The structure and meaning should be quite obvious to those who are familiar with the syntax of HTML. The term "navLabel", as borrowed from EPUB terminology, means "navigation label", which is kind of a chapter or section label in a traditional Table of Contents.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #5
relayer250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
If you sync your MapleRead data to the cloud, then there is already a copy of the data accessible via a web browser. I really like this feature, as it makes accessing my notes as easy as looking up something on the web, when I do more serious browsing or research on a topic.

If you wish, you may save the data of each book in its own HTML file on your computer too.

Actually, I am not aware of any other e-reader app offering the above feature. Does anyone know?

Spoiler:

The HTML file is pretty structured. Following is a fragment of such an HTML file corresponding to a highlight I made in Chapter 1 of an EPUB book I finished reading some time ago.

Code:
<div class='noteMark'>
<div class='quotation'>In 1938 humans were offered three global stories to choose from, in 1968 just two, in 1998 a single story seemed to prevail; in 2018 we are down to zero.</div>
<div class='comment'></div>
<div class='navLabel'>1. Disillusionment: The end of history has been postponed □ <span class='priority'>4</span></div>
</div>
The structure and meaning should be quite obvious to those who are familiar with the syntax of HTML. The term "navLabel", as borrowed from EPUB terminology, means "navigation label", which is kind of a chapter or section label in a traditional Table of Contents.
Sorry I accidentally quoted the wrong post. Thanks how do I see the notes in the web browser?
Old 03-20-2020, 07:37 PM   #6
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry I accidentally quoted the wrong post. Thanks how do I see the notes in the web browser?
Go to https://www.maplepop.com/user/login.php
Old 03-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #7
relayer250

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Thanks for the help. I have come across this page before but never realized that one could access the annotations and vocab though here.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #8
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I have come across this page before but never realized that one could access the annotations and vocab though here.
I guess it pays to read their online Overview as well as their FAQ carefully.

Overview
MapleRead is an advanced versatile ebook reader app with plenty of useful customization options.

There are 3 editions, SE, CE and CX.
Secure Sync
Syncing data across devices via Cloud facilitates convenient web access to synced data as a bonus.
  • Enable web access to synced data via web browsers from desktop and mobile devices
  • Sync data across your devices running SE, CE or CX editions via secure cloud connection
  • Sync reading positions, notes, vocab and bookmarks of books

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, mapleread