Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 01:59 AM   #1
Zabbaskeema
Zabbaskeema began at the beginning.

Device: Android waterplay
I ditched Apple, can I get an Android license instead?

Hi dear CC people,

I made it and no iPhone and no iPad anymore.
I now have an Android tablet and phone.
Could I migrate my license please?

Patrick
Zabbaskeema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Nope, different applications, you'll have to pay again for the new app. Maybe in the future, if they consider themselves a subscription system and not an app, you'll be able to do that, but for that the new owner of the apps will have to remodel the Android app and it's going to take time, they have just began to remodel the IOS app. If you buy the paid app now in Android (that is a one payment app), you'll have to pay for the subscription (monthly/yearly payments) in the future again.
What you can do now is try the free app in Android, I think there's a limit of 50 books or so (I'm talking from memory, check the actual number), this way you'll also can check if the actual app works in your devices, I think some things might not work with the latest versions of Android.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2020, 04:33 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabbaskeema View Post
Hi dear CC people,

I made it and no iPhone and no iPad anymore.
I now have an Android tablet and phone.
Could I migrate my license please?

Patrick
The forum s/w can't see your image at pasteboard, nor can I.

Attach the image to the post via the paper clip icon or the Manage Attachments button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-03-23 073137.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	177862

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You also might want to obscure your email address in that image (which does show if I go the url)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:02 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
What you can do now is try the free app in Android, I think there's a limit of 50 books or so (I'm talking from memory, check the actual number), this way you'll also can check if the actual app works in your devices, I think some things might not work with the latest versions of Android.
pretty sure its less than 50 books allowed on device, but there are no other limitations on demo version.

if you use cloud, there are some issues with dropbox authentication and dropped support from some other cloud providers
if you don't use cloud, I am not aware of any major bugs in the 2018 android version. widgets may no longer work in android 9 / 10
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2020, 05:16 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You also might want to obscure your email address in that image (which does show if I go the url)
I presume you mean Patrick's e-addy

FWIW: On Windows both Firefox and Malwarebytes are blocking pasteboard.co

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote