Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 12-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
SOLD -Kindle Oasis 3 - Two days old!

Kindle Oasis 3, 2019, latest model with Warm Light - Two day old

Includes the full normal warranty from Amazon, just like new, as the warranty goes with the device (not purchaser).

Honestly nothing to say about the condition other than 100% perfect and brand new (but opened & two days old now).

8GB - Black/Graphite - WiFi model
No ADs (special offers removed)

Got this O3 with a trade-in to try it out and I've decided to stick with my Voyage.

How I decided on pricing..

Where I'm at, this would be $269+tax (and it's out of stock for a couple weeks too), so I thought $230 all in was very fair as I have to account for shipping and PayPal fees, which knocks off another $15-$20 on my end.

Can ship it out ASAP once paid.
Cheers

SOLD on eBay for $239.99

Last edited by bookyboy; 12-11-2019 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Sold
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #2
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sold - pix deleted

Last edited by bookyboy; 12-11-2019 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Sold - pix deleted
Advert
Old 12-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Why not just return it? If I was in the market for a new Oasis at full price, I'd buy from Amazon to get the 12 month warranty.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
bookyboy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Why not just return it? If I was in the market for a new Oasis at full price, I'd buy from Amazon to get the 12 month warranty.
This has a full warranty.

The warranty goes with the device, not the purchaser.
Link to warranty info

Last edited by bookyboy; 12-07-2019 at 09:08 PM. Reason: ended
Old 12-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Personally, I would still want to buy from Amazon. You're not an authorized reseller, and if the price is so close to the "new" price, I don't see any benefit to buying it from you.

I don't see any info on the warranty page that spells out that a warranty is transferable, unless the seller is an authorized reseller.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
bookyboy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Personally, I would still want to buy from Amazon. You're not an authorized reseller, and if the price is so close to the "new" price, I don't see any benefit to buying it from you.

I don't see any info on the warranty page that spells out that a warranty is transferable, unless the seller is an authorized reseller.
The warranty goes with the device on all kindles.

The benefit is saving at minimum $10 if you don't have to pay tax where you live and don't care about ADs. And saving much more if you do care about not having ADs ($20 to remove), do have to pay tax, etc...

...and also even being able to buy one at all.

(They are sold out for the next several weeks).

Are you interested?

Certainly open to hearing what you think is fair or maybe you'd prefer to cover shipping, etc?
Just PM'd you. Cheers

Last edited by bookyboy; 12-07-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #7
bookyboy
Addict

@Deskisamess

I just chatted to Amazon and took a screenshot for you.

This unit has a full normal Amazon warranty.

Last edited by bookyboy; 12-07-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #8
bookyboy
Addict

delete

Last edited by bookyboy; 12-07-2019 at 09:09 PM. Reason: ended
Old 12-07-2019, 05:32 PM   #9
bookyboy
Addict

delete

Last edited by bookyboy; 12-08-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:33 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Only the GIFT Card-Trade in is Returned via Gift Card/Credit the Rest goes Back to what ever YOU used to pay for it. Be it Credit or Debit card or Go to Western Union get Cash!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #11
bookyboy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Only the GIFT Card-Trade in is Returned via Gift Card/Credit the Rest goes Back to what ever YOU used to pay for it. Be it Credit or Debit card or Go to Western Union get Cash!
Oh? -- Interesting.

There's actually more to the story with me here as I got a special "situation" resolved by a supervisor + employee I know that ended up getting me credit on my trade-in that wasn't a gift card, but a promotional code (not the 25% off for trade-in). Big long mess of 4+ hours on the phone with them around thanksgiving -- way beyond the purview of all this so I won't bore anyone with it.

I can't get my traded in device back (or the value extended to me) no matter what, sadly. Also, I'm not sure what I'm doing next. Just keeping Voyage and/or maybe trying another Kobo or an old Kindle off eBay...

I just can't find one that fully makes me happy sadly.
(as my posting history here shows - lol)

Thanks for that bit of info though.

Just interested in selling it - certainly happy to entertain offers.

Last edited by bookyboy; 12-07-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:41 PM   #12
bookyboy
Addict

delete

Last edited by bookyboy; 12-08-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:42 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your Trade-in went to one of Thousands of 3 party dealers! So kiss that one good-bye! Voyage no longer being made so you will only be able to buy a Refurbished one.

Why don't you like Kindle Oasis 3 (2019, latest model with Warm Light)???
Old 12-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #14
bookyboy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Your Trade-in went to one of Thousands of 3 party dealers! So kiss that one good-bye! Voyage no longer being made so you will only be able to buy a Refurbished one.

Why don't you like Kindle Oasis 3 (2019, latest model with Warm Light)???
I'm just a weird stickler on the screens. The Voyage screen is so sharp, so crisp, so clear. I just can't not notice how only its screen looks like it does..

This is such a tough product category since nobody sells them all in a physical store, side by side (for lots of obvious reasons) and some are really hard to get, and sometimes an older no longer made/sold model might be best, etc, etc..
Old 12-07-2019, 06:46 PM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Try adjusting the light so its not so sharp....