Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 10:24 AM   #16
SleepWithMachine
SleepWithMachine began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook
I bet they will soon bring one with speaker called nova 2 pro.
No matter, I ordered
SleepWithMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:14 AM   #17
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Aura One
I'm seriously tempted, I've never owned an Onyx. Broke my KA1, so I'm in the market for a new reader. Fancy something different, what's the build quality, software like?

As I'll have to import it from the states, delivery will be $40, plus vat at 20%. So it's quite an investment. Talk me out of it..
pagepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM   #18
ottischwenk
Addict
ottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2, Sony PRST2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagepack View Post
I'm seriously tempted, I've never owned an Onyx. Broke my KA1, so I'm in the market for a new reader. Fancy something different, what's the build quality, software like?

As I'll have to import it from the states, delivery will be $40, plus vat at 20%. So it's quite an investment. Talk me out of it..
Why from the states?
https://shop.boox.com/ has an UK Warehouse.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM   #19
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Why from the states?
https://shop.boox.com/ has an UK Warehouse.
Nice one, thanks.
pagepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM   #20
SleepWithMachine
SleepWithMachine began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook
I ordered on Amazon yesterday, € 319 including shipping. Estimated delivery date 1.4
SleepWithMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM   #21
ottischwenk
Addict
ottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshesottischwenk can read faster than his screen refreshes

I will either buy here on the 31st from UK Warehouse, or here for € 250, if I can enforce the best price guarantee mentioned there.
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #22
menpe
menpe began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i86HDML+
I plan to order this from the UK warehouse to Hungary, part of EU. At the last step, $57 extra shows up as tax. Isn't it tax free if I choose this warehouse instead of China?
At the basket it displayed €254 with free accessory pack and free shipping which is almost too good to be true.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:13 AM   #23
ottischwenk
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by menpe View Post
I plan to order this from the UK warehouse to Hungary, part of EU. At the last step, $57 extra shows up as tax. Isn't it tax free if I choose this warehouse instead of China?
It is Hungarian áfa and you have to pay it at home for everything.
Here in Austria I have to pay 20% for it.
Old Today, 03:28 AM   #24
menpe
menpe began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i86HDML+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
It is Hungarian áfa and you have to pay it at home for everything.
Here in Austria I have to pay 20% for it.
I thought about it after I went to bed yesterday but the math doesn't add up somehow. Hungary has 27% standard sales tax (at least we are number one in some way ) and the extra cost is ~20%. I guess the company just slaps the UK VAT on the product and calls it a day.
Also it is strange to see this american way of net price display here instead of the regular gross prices, tax included. I've never seen this on Aliexpress either but I guess we just have to deal with it.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:01 AM   #25
ottischwenk
Addict

The calculation i got - valid for Austria (VAT 20%)!
Quote:
Subtotal $284.00
Shipping Free
Taxes $56.80
Total USD $340.80
If you got the same, then buy.
In Austria it will be performed in following manner: if you will buy from other warehouses outside EU then VAT will be calculated at customs and you have to pay the usual VAT - 27%