Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
new ios update questions

I can't seem to find a relevant answer to this. Re. the newest update:

Can someone, other than the developer, answer the following:

Can you connect to Calibre through "as Wireless Device"?
If it connects does it send "Read" status back to Calibre?
If it connects does it send "date read" back to Calibre.
Can someone show what the list by Author looks like.

Before I commit to the new version, I want to make sure the above work for me, otherwise I'll just use the old one.

Thanks for any help.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
there is a description in the app store, surely.

the new IOS version is supposed to be an improvement, so it should do anything that the old version did, including fixes for that was broken.

why do you not want the developers to reply- do you not trust them to be truthful ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:21 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
there is a description in the app store, surely.

the new IOS version is supposed to be an improvement, so it should do anything that the old version did, including fixes for that was broken.

why do you not want the developers to reply- do you not trust them to be truthful ?
Sorry, the developers are well meaning, but having been a software tester in a previous life, I depend on real people using the application. "supposed to be an improvement, so it should do anything that the old version did, including fixes for that was broken." This doesn't get it for me. I need real users' verification before downloading it and screwing up what little functionality is currently working.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:12 PM   #4
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Sorry, the developers are well meaning, but having been a software tester in a previous life, I depend on real people using the application. "supposed to be an improvement, so it should do anything that the old version did, including fixes for that was broken." This doesn't get it for me. I need real users' verification before downloading it and screwing up what little functionality is currently working.
Hey Peace,

I can confirm that the read sync back to Calibre is functioning properly.

You must have your CC configured properly.

This is a helpful article to make sure it will work properly.

http://faq.calibrecompanion.co/index...=40&artlang=en
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:39 PM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Hey Peace,

I can confirm that the read sync back to Calibre is functioning properly.

You must have your CC configured properly.

This is a helpful article to make sure it will work properly.

http://faq.calibrecompanion.co/index...=40&artlang=en
Thanks for the feedback. The older IOS CC worked properly, but the previous update did not. I'll give the new version a try and see if it now works again.