Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2020, 10:52 AM   #1
chech
chech began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
kobo h20 webapp for marine application need help

hello after lot off hours for search in the forum i tell you if its possible to hack a little my kobo for turn a special aplication .
it s an application for sailling she s have a server on raspberry pi named signalk.
i test the connection it s ok the browser go to the page but the page is blank.
i test a kindle app whith little mod but it difficult to program the good information
the second app it very configurable.
i take you the source of the ap if it possible to looking i m very happy.
sorry for my bad english
the first it ok
i want to utilise the second mxtommy
Attached Files
File Type: zip @digitalyacht.zip (64.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: zip @mxtommy.zip (2.33 MB, 36 views)
chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 03:27 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
HTML5 Storage isn't supported. You'll need to either build a browser for Kobo or use a polyfill.

Alternatively, using LD_PRELOAD to inject the following code might work:

Code:
auto s = QWebSettings::globalSettings();
s->setAttribute(QWebSettings::LocalStorageEnabled, true);
auto p = "/mnt/onboard/storage";
s->setOfflineStoragePath(p);
s->enablePersistentStorage(p);
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
chech

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
HTML5 Storage isn't supported. You'll need to either build a browser for Kobo or use a polyfill.

Alternatively, using LD_PRELOAD to inject the following code might work:

Code:
auto s = QWebSettings::globalSettings();
s->setAttribute(QWebSettings::LocalStorageEnabled, true);
auto p = "/mnt/onboard/storage";
s->setOfflineStoragePath(p);
s->enablePersistentStorage(p);
think you for your responce but i don t know the way for inject the code i m not developer i see your work. now i test kvnc viewer but i just have just the half display of my raspberry pi . i think it s because i have another display my but it have juste the diplay with the number ,i test a lot of technique but i don t understand what i do for have a real teminal on the kobo . i think it s my bad level in computer i learn but its difficult just whith the forum where man know very well:Merci:
Old 03-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I mentioned in the other thread a change in firmware 4.20 to add some local storage. This apparently stems from https://github.com/kobolabs/Kobo-Reader/issues/59. There is a link in the original report for a page that uses local storage and it works with 4.20.x.

That makes me wonder if this app will work with 4.20.x. But, it could easily be another issue that breaks it. I can't do a test at the moment, but, might have a play over the weekend.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:11 PM   #5
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I mentioned in the other thread a change in firmware 4.20 to add some local storage. This apparently stems from https://github.com/kobolabs/Kobo-Reader/issues/59. There is a link in the original report for a page that uses local storage and it works with 4.20.x.

That makes me wonder if this app will work with 4.20.x. But, it could easily be another issue that breaks it. I can't do a test at the moment, but, might have a play over the weekend.
That's interesting. I'll have to take a look at that later and see what I can do with it.

The app also uses other features too new for the WebKit build on the Kobo. For instance, classList will need to be polyfilled.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM   #6
chech

think you for you interess i see the folder named webstrorage but the page are stored just if your ar on internet my page of another app don't go in the folder i think it s maybe for that. the connection to my server is local via access point i don t know if the little hack webportal change this
Old 03-20-2020, 07:23 AM   #7
chech

i test a new app for the same work but it the same problem she s not comfigurable but she open in the browser i take you the source . i test it always trought my signalk server on my raspberry pi
Attached Files
File Type: zip signalk-eink.zip (2.33 MB, 19 views)
Old 03-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chech View Post
i test a new app for the same work but it the same problem she s not comfigurable but she open in the browser i take you the source . i test it always trought my signalk server on my raspberry pi
I've seen that one before (https://github.com/ieb/signalk-eink). I don't understand what you're asking here, though. If you mean it opens, unlike your own one, then it's simply because you need a few compatibility polyfills.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:53 AM   #9
chech

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I've seen that one before (https://github.com/ieb/signalk-eink). I don't understand what you're asking here, though. If you mean it opens, unlike your own one, then it's simply because you need a few compatibility polyfills.
ok think you very much my question it for what the app don t work in kobo i see the folder whit polifills. now i think i search the good polifill for kobo browser and test it .i m on good road think you
Old 03-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #10
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chech View Post
ok think you very much my question it for what the app don t work in kobo i see the folder whit polifills. now i think i search the good polifill for kobo browser and test it .i m on good road think you
Yes. You'll probably be able to find most of what you need from the babel and es5/6 polyfills on GitHub (or NPM).