Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-15-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Looking for A/V streaming advice

Seeing we have so many knowledgeable members here, I'm curious if any of you have first (or even second) hand experience with setting up streaming A/V for church services?

For some time I've been involved with helping with services at church by ensuring the slides are projected correctly to the monitors at the front, along with running the sound board.

Foolishly I've now got involved with the board and am now responsible for it. With the ongoing virus scares and the fact we attract followers from 'round the world, I need to come up with a solution for making the service available in real time to people.

Today we had decided to cancel the in building service and just used Zoom; the minister had a laptop in front of her and was controlling things; her husband had a device (maybe phone or laptop) by the piano and played it. We had about 30 people call in, some via phone, other by tablets / smart phone / computers including folks from Scotland, Florida, California, Saskatchewan, and of course from here in Toronto.

While it worked I'm not sure of the viability of that approach when we have a physical gathering and want to attract virtual attendees.

Any of you out there have any suggestions?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:28 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Find out how the terrorists do their live streaming to Facebook and Youtube - I think the guy in Christchurch had the Go camera that was strapped to his head plugged into his phone.

I thought "streaming A/V for church services" meant "streaming Adult Video for church services" - you can imagine my three word reaction :lol:

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Googled these helps:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2474026?hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE4xwkIJtWA

https://blog.capterra.com/free-live-stream-tools-event/
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

PeterT, this morning I listened to this, and thought it might be of general interest to you.

Heart and Soul - Religion in the Digital Age ==>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct0pcf

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote