Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-14-2020, 11:06 PM   #1
Belle Arcanjo
Belle Arcanjo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Kindle 4 gen used Bought and in Amazon Saids that is Stolen or Lost

So, I recently buy a Kindle 4 gen(B00E) used. But, I can't register. And, today, I find that in the Amazon's Servers, about this kindle is there with "lost or stolen". I read that, I can change the serial number, swap to another(Like, a broken Kindle). https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=185627And that, the kindle come back to normal. But, I don't know how to do that .

(He's said that:

"The serial number is stored in the mmc, and can be rewritten. You can swap serial numbers with a broken kindle (that you own, if you know the serial number of the broken kindle, which is NOT the one printed on the back of a K3/K4/K5). With a broken screen, you can still read the serial number over the USB port (without hacking or jailbreaking it). ").

I have to Swap with the same Model? How can I do that? The person (GeekMaster) who wrote that, the last time he enter here is 2017 :/

Somebody knows about that?
Belle Arcanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:17 AM   #2
rantanplan
rantanplan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite 2018, Tolino shine 3
Maybe it is stolen goods. Get in contact with Amazon instead of trying to hack it into working. The actual owner probably appreciates it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:00 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Maybe it is stolen goods. Get in contact with Amazon instead of trying to hack it into working. The actual owner probably appreciates it.
Amazon will not return a blacklisted Kindle to the owner. That's not how it works.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:04 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Arcanjo View Post
So, I recently buy a Kindle 4 gen(B00E) used. But, I can't register. And, today, I find that in the Amazon's Servers, about this kindle is there with "lost or stolen". I read that, I can change the serial number, swap to another(Like, a broken Kindle). https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=185627And that, the kindle come back to normal. But, I don't know how to do that .

(He's said that:

"The serial number is stored in the mmc, and can be rewritten. You can swap serial numbers with a broken kindle (that you own, if you know the serial number of the broken kindle, which is NOT the one printed on the back of a K3/K4/K5). With a broken screen, you can still read the serial number over the USB port (without hacking or jailbreaking it). ").

I have to Swap with the same Model? How can I do that? The person (GeekMaster) who wrote that, the last time he enter here is 2017 :/

Somebody knows about that?
Getting help on changing the serial number so you can register a blacklisted Kindle is not going to happen on MR. So do not ask for help again.

The other thing to is try to get your money back as it's a stolen Kindle. You got ripped off. This is why it's a very bad idea to buy a used Kindle unless you know where it's coming from or you trust the seller.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote