Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
RichieTheK
Enthusiast
RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4
Calibre 2.0 - Nexus 7 (2012) not detected

Calibre 2.0 will not detect my first generation Nexus 7 (2012) when it is plugged in. Nor will it detect the device if Calibre is started with the device already plugged in. It does work correctly for my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, however.
RichieTheK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....etected-by-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Works for me on win 8.1, N7 in MTP mode.

Debug device detection log follows. I had to blacklist the N7 to get the debug log.
Spoiler:
calibre 2.0* [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins:
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\vid_2047&pid_0855&rev_1151',
u'usb\\vid_1bcf&pid_2c43&rev_0019',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid9c26&rev0004',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_07dc&rev_0001',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_8000&rev_0004',
u'usb\\root_hub30&vid8086&pid9c31&rev0004',
u'usb\\vid_1bcf&pid_2c43&rev_0019&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_04f3&pid_016f&rev_0018',
u'usb\\vid_18d1&pid_4e41&rev_9999']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\CBH_Data\calibre.git\calibre_dev\src\calibre\d evices\scanner.py", line 85, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
List of WPD PNP ids:
[u'\\\\?\\usb#vid_18d1&pid_4e41#015d21d93a2bfc15#{6 ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}']
MTP device: \\?\usb#vid_18d1&pid_4e41#015d21d93a2bfc15#{6ac278 78-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}
{'device_version': u'1.0',
'friendly_name': u'CBH N7',
'has_bulk_properties': True,
'has_storage': True,
'manufacturer_name': u'asus',
'model_name': u'Nexus 7',
'protocol': u'MTP: 1.00',
'serial_number': u'015d21d93a2bfc15',
'storage': [{'capacity': 6550790144L,
'capacity_objects': 0L,
'description': u'Internal storage',
'filesystem': u'Generic hierarchical',
'free_objects': 1073741824L,
'free_space': 1577820160L,
'id': u's10001',
'name': u'Internal storage',
'rw': True,
'type': u'fixed_ram'}],
'type': 'media player'}

Trying to open: \\?\usb#vid_18d1&pid_4e41#015d21d93a2bfc15#{6ac278 78-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}
This device has been blacklisted by the user
No suitable MTP devices found

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:43 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@chaley: Just FYI, you can get the debug log with

calibre-debug -d

without needing to blacklist the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
RichieTheK
Enthusiast
RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichieTheK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Works for me on win 8.1, N7 in MTP mode.
Do you have the updates from Microsoft's latest path Tuesday (08/12) installed? I ask because I installed v 1.48.0 (32-bit) Calibre in parallel with the 64-bit 2.0.0 version and now v 1.48.0 also does not detect the Nexus 7 (2012), whereas it did before. The only changes I made since it last worked were to Calibre (1.48.0 -> 2.0.0) and to the OS from patch Tuesday. With 1.48.0 also not working, the only thing left are the MS patches. If it works for you and you haven't installed the patches, then perhaps it indicates that one of them is at fault. If you have installed the patches, then my problem lies elsewhere.

Edit: I have determined that Windows is not seeing the device, although the device believes that it is connected as an MTP device (implying that the electrical data connection is good). The problem must be somewhere in Windows.

Last edited by RichieTheK; 08-25-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Add New information
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieTheK View Post
Do you have the updates from Microsoft's latest path Tuesday (08/12) installed? I ask because I installed v 1.48.0 (32-bit) Calibre in parallel with the 64-bit 2.0.0 version and now v 1.48.0 also does not detect the Nexus 7 (2012), whereas it did before. The only changes I made since it last worked were to Calibre (1.48.0 -> 2.0.0) and to the OS from patch Tuesday. With 1.48.0 also not working, the only thing left are the MS patches. If it works for you and you haven't installed the patches, then perhaps it indicates that one of them is at fault. If you have installed the patches, then my problem lies elsewhere.
Yes, I am up-to-date with patches.
Quote:
Edit: I have determined that Windows is not seeing the device, although the device believes that it is connected as an MTP device (implying that the electrical data connection is good). The problem must be somewhere in Windows.
Have you ever installed the Android ADB debugging driver? If so, then MTP will not work. Plug the device in, go to the device manager and see if the device is there. If so, right click on the device, choose update drivers then manually select, and see if there are more then one driver available. If so, pick the MTP driver and not the ADB composite driver. I am typing this from memory so I might not have it right. Google for Nexus 7 Windows 8.1 and you will find more instructions.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
RichieTheK
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Have you ever installed the Android ADB debugging driver? If so, then MTP will not work.
I have never installed the Android ADB driver myself, but the device manager showed it as the running driver. A review of the installed updates shows that it was installed by Windows Update on 08/16, although I don't know why. I was able to get Windows to locate and install a proper MTP driver and now all is well.

Many thanks for your help.

Tags
nexus 7, not detected