Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
Do books "disappear" from you Calibre Library

I have had at least a couple thousand of books disappear over the past few years (my library is nearly 20000).

I find them in the backups, but how do they delete themselves from the library?
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Do not use the tag News, that can delete after sent.

Not paying attention to multi selects when deleting The Status line says how many are selected
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:14 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Do you sync your library to a cloud, e.g. Dropbox, OneDrive or the like? That can cause conflicts, particularly if you sync while Calibre is open. I had a similar problem with OneDrive, it just started deleting books when attempting to sync. I moved to Dropbox then and the issue has not repeated itself (so far). I regularly run Library Maintenance as well.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I moved to Dropbox then and the issue has not repeated itself (so far). I regularly run Library Maintenance as well.

If doing any metadata editing, book conversions or book editing make sure you pause the syncing in Dropbox or you may find books lost. Keep running Library Maintenance as well to keep on top if something does slip up.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If doing any metadata editing, book conversions or book editing make sure you pause the syncing in Dropbox or you may find books lost. Keep running Library Maintenance as well to keep on top if something does slip up.
Yes, I've always done that. OneDrive deleted books even so. I didn't bother to delve into the problem, just moved everything to Dropbox. There are conflicted copies in Dropbox occasionally, but nothing has been deleted outright.

I don't have Dropbox running constantly, I only sync once a day or so, after I've closed Calibre.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
I had the problem even before I was keeping it in the cloud.

I'll check out the library maintenance.
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote