Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-15-2022, 08:11 PM   #46
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackomb View Post
Getting back to this one, I think I figured it out. When you sync multiple books you do not get the "re-upload" option if say 1 out of 3 has been uploaded prior. Not sure if this is intended, but doesn't make a lot of sense if you ask me.

Also you never answered the question: Which rules do you use to get a unique identifier to sync books? For example if I have the same title different author what will it do?
Hey ackomb,

Can you send us an email at support@bookfusion.com we will be able to provide timely support and tutorials there so your issue is tracked.

We save a hash of the file to check if they are unique. Any changes made to the book in Calibre will also impact the file therefore changing the hash. As a result the reader has to explicit say when to reupload the file.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:13 PM   #47
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsablis View Post
Having issues after updating to Calibre 6 today. After trying to upload a book, get the following error:
Thank you for reporting. We are aware of this and are working on having a public release on Monday.
Advert
Old 07-17-2022, 05:05 PM   #48
skillachie
Addict

Plugin has. been updated to support Calibre 6.0. The minimum version of Calibre that will be supported going forward is 5.0.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:04 PM   #49
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Device: i-pad
Well I guess your new limitations decided for me. I think limiting the options within the free version, while not providing the necessary upgrades for the paid version show where your priorities lies and it is not with the users that interface with Calibre. Which is fair enough, I wish you luck moving forward, but I will delete the app as it has not proven it's worth to me to actually pay for the services.
ackomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 10:34 PM   #50
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Well I guess your new limitations decided for me. I think limiting the options within the free version, while not providing the necessary upgrades for the paid version show where your priorities lies and it is not with the users that interface with Calibre. Which is fair enough, I wish you luck moving forward, but I will delete the app as it has not proven it's worth to me to actually pay for the services.
Thanks ackomb.

We have tons of Calibre users so you do not speak for them all and in fact prioritize their needs. But the service we provide cannot be free. There are other apps like Marvin, Kybooks and several others but don't expect them to be maintained.

A one off app cost is the actual reason why Marvin 3 and other apps have been abandoned. It is not feasible nor is it reasonable. Developers have to spend full time working on the apps to ensure they continue to work as changes are made in iOS and adding new features. However, they're living expenses, health care, children school fees and life in general does not have a one off cost for developers.

Users of the apps then intend to continuously want new features, improvements and that it works on the latest OS and so on. It is easier to simply stop and focus full time working on something else or for someone else.

As we do not sell ads or monetize reader data in any way to ensure we protect our readers privacy we are a paid service. We offer a free plan with 10 books with all features unlocked. BookFusion is not for everyone and that's okay. If you do have actionable feedback though we are all ears.

Last edited by skillachie; 12-11-2022 at 10:45 PM.
Advert
Old 12-26-2022, 01:37 PM   #51
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Device: i-pad
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
Thanks ackomb.

We have tons of Calibre users so you do not speak for them all and in fact prioritize their needs. But the service we provide cannot be free. There are other apps like Marvin, Kybooks and several others but don't expect them to be maintained.

A one off app cost is the actual reason why Marvin 3 and other apps have been abandoned. It is not feasible nor is it reasonable. Developers have to spend full time working on the apps to ensure they continue to work as changes are made in iOS and adding new features. However, they're living expenses, health care, children school fees and life in general does not have a one off cost for developers.

Users of the apps then intend to continuously want new features, improvements and that it works on the latest OS and so on. It is easier to simply stop and focus full time working on something else or for someone else.

As we do not sell ads or monetize reader data in any way to ensure we protect our readers privacy we are a paid service. We offer a free plan with 10 books with all features unlocked. BookFusion is not for everyone and that's okay. If you do have actionable feedback though we are all ears.
@skillachie

I get the feeling you are offended, however I never stated I was speaking for all calibre users, I merely stated my opinion as a Calibre user using Bookfusion after testing the free version. The direct sync option is great and the best I've tested so far. But unfortunately it just does not work well for me to sort through what I want to read next in my very extensive library, nor could I sync back the read status, rating and reviews. Which for me is very important. And based on the updates I did see your focus was into another direction.

I would happily pay for a version that meets my needs, but (so far) it did not and I simply did not wish to continue testing/checking when you limited the free version from 20 to 3 books a month. And paying a monthly subscription for the current version is not worth it for me. I merely thought feedback on why people abandon an app would be useful as well.

Like I said before, I wish you all the best further developing your app. And who knows in the future it will meet my needs but for now I just want to spend my efforts elsewhere.
ackomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 05:28 AM   #52
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
. And who knows in the future it will meet my needs but for now I just want to spend my efforts elsewhere.
Would be nice to knew which supported alternative you choose and why it works in your specific usecase.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 08:20 AM   #53
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
@skillachie

I get the feeling you are offended, however I never stated I was speaking for all calibre users, I merely stated my opinion as a Calibre user using Bookfusion after testing the free version. The direct sync option is great and the best I've tested so far. But unfortunately it just does not work well for me to sort through what I want to read next in my very extensive library, nor could I sync back the read status, rating and reviews. Which for me is very important. And based on the updates I did see your focus was into another direction.

I would happily pay for a version that meets my needs, but (so far) it did not and I simply did not wish to continue testing/checking when you limited the free version from 20 to 3 books a month. And paying a monthly subscription for the current version is not worth it for me. I merely thought feedback on why people abandon an app would be useful as well.

Like I said before, I wish you all the best further developing your app. And who knows in the future it will meet my needs but for now I just want to spend my efforts elsewhere.
No problem. Thanks for the feedback. This is something we can look at in the future. So being able to also sync back to Calibre read status, rating and reviews.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:21 AM   #54
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Would be nice to knew which supported alternative you choose and why it works in your specific usecase.
Yup, we would be interested in this too since we do not know of many alternatives actively building in this space.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:22 AM   #55
skillachie
Addict

BookFusion Calibre Cloud & Device Sync V 0.80.0

Plugin has been upgraded to use the QT networking stack:
  • Much more stable uploads
  • Individual book upload progress

Last edited by skillachie; 03-06-2023 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:11 AM   #56
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Plugin has been upgraded to use the QT networking stack:
  • Much more stable uploads
Looks like more or less like previous version.
~1500-2000 books (most of which are arleady in bookfusion and only tags needs to be updatd)
and

Quote:
calibre, version 6.13.0
ОШИБКА: Необработанное прерывание:: <b>RuntimeError</b>:wrapped C/C++ object of type QNetworkReply has been deleted

calibre 6.13 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22621-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22621')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22621', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: ru
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 51, 0) && DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 51, 0) && Auto Datestamp and View (0, 0, 9) && BookFusion Plugin (0, 8, 0) && Count Pages (1, 12, 1) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 14) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 15, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 5, 0) && Ex Libris (1, 0, 19) && Extract People Other Metadata (1, 0, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 20, 6) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 0) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 3, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && FictionDB (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 2) && Goodreads (1, 7, 3) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 2) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 51, 0) && KFX Input (1, 51, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Library Splitter (1, 0, 7) && Manage Series (1, 5, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 96) && Prettify Cover (1, 6, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 3) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && Readwise (0, 1, 1) && Recoll Full Text Search (1, 1, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 2, 0) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 1) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && Save Virtual Libraries To Column GUI (2, 3, 0) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2) && User Category (1, 6, 0) && Wiki Reader (2, 2, 1) && ePub Extended Metadata {Writer} (0, 8, 1) && ePub Extended Metadata {Reader} (0, 8, 1) && ePub Extended Metadata (0, 8, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.bookfusion.upload_worker", line 89, in complete_check
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type QNetworkReply has been deleted
This doesn't happen in 100% attempts but more books in sync set = more probability to get this.
Plugin options:
debug logging:yes
update metadata:yes
sync threads:4 (and I would setup more if possible)
bookshelves column:#bookfusionshelf

Plugin's window can't be closed when this happens (it shows same error message)
Old 03-06-2023, 12:19 PM   #57
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Looks like more or less like previous version.
~1500-2000 books (most of which are arleady in bookfusion and only tags needs to be updatd)
and

This doesn't happen in 100% attempts but more books in sync set = more probability to get this.
Plugin options:
debug logging:yes
update metadata:yes
sync threads:4 (and I would setup more if possible)
bookshelves column:#bookfusionshelf

Plugin's window can't be closed when this happens (it shows same error message)
Thanks vikarti,

Will take this and look at it further. Could you send us the full trace via support? Seem you mentioned it does not happen often which is good. We will look at fixing this.
Old 03-09-2023, 01:05 AM   #58
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
Thanks vikarti,

Will take this and look at it further. Could you send us the full trace via support? Seem you mentioned it does not happen often which is good. We will look at fixing this.
explain 'full trace'.
Only bookfusion's log file (one in library directory) or Calibre's debug log too?
Old 04-29-2023, 02:42 AM   #59
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
explain 'full trace'.
Only bookfusion's log file (one in library directory) or Calibre's debug log too?
No need. We just released an update that resolved that issue that you mentioned above.