Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #16
GraemeWi
GraemeWi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo
I have had a similar issue with cameras in the past being plugged in but not recognised properly. One thing I have done in that situation is to unplug it and plug it into a different USB port. Also maybe try a port that is not a hub.

Cheers,

G
GraemeWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you tried plugging in any other USB devices to ensure that USB support IS working on your PC ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 04:32 AM   #18
Tilly
Tilly began at the beginning.

Device: sony
I am having the same problems!

ADE will not pick up my kobo, I have tried different USB, different computer etc and I am now stuck with a book that I have paid for that I cant get on my kobo :-(

VERY frustrating!

I did have the sony prs600 which I never had any problems with, I bought the kobo as it is lighter, cheaper machine, regretting selling the sony :0(
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #19
Alastair
Alastair began at the beginning.

1) Open the file manager in your computer with the Kobo plugged in and look at the two folders inside the Kobo – delete the highlighted folder ‘.adobe-digital-editions’.
2) Disconnect the Kobo from your PC and after it has processed the new data, hold down the ‘ON/ OFF’ button for five seconds.
3) Check the Kobo is showing the screen “~POWERED OFF~ PRESS POWER TO START”.
4) Restart the Kobo – it will now recreate the folder ‘.adobe-digital-editions’.
5) Plug the Kobo back in to your PC and open Adobe Digital Editions
6) Adobe Digital Editions should now ask you to ‘authorise a new device’ – this will ensure your device appears in the program.
7) You should now see the Kobo appear on the left side of the program.
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
bdicasa
bdicasa began at the beginning.

Another thing to try is resetting to factory defaults (Menu -> Advanced -> Reset Device Now), re-install Adobe Digital Editions and then try hooking up your Kobo to your computer. Worked for me.
bdicasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert