Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
seasong
seasong began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile What is the best "format" for manuscrits on iphones?

Hi out there.
I am new to this forum. My mother language is as you soon will find out not English, but I do my best, and you are free to smile from my mistakes. ( I good smile do not hurt anybody)

In the "old days" with typewriter and ribbons I wrote a little. Now I want to try this new medium called e-books.
I have looked at the net to try to find some adwice, but there was nothing to findI so I hope I find some help on this place.
The story is like this. I have made a first try writing an e-book using microsoft words. But it did not turn out so well.

I want the words to be easely read on iphone as well as PC, so how do I do this? What is the best font size? (for example)
I am new to this, so any adwice,tips and triks will be wery helpfull for me.
If it is possible I would like to continue using words and photoshop if there is not an decent free starter program out there someplace

Best regars
seasong
seasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
I use stanza on my Iphone for reading ebooks. To create the ebook I use book creator which is a MS Word Document Template File. It requires the installation of Calibre as well. Once set up its quite easy to use and ==X== who wrote the template it has his own following here.

See this link.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28313

This is the Book Creator thread with all the links to Calibre as required.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
seasong
seasong began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for cind help mjhudston.

Best regards
seasong:-))
seasong is offline   Reply With Quote