Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 06:16 AM   #1
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Cybook out of stock in the Bookeen online shop

Boy this remembers me one year ago when they could not get enough readers to sell and where week on week off out of stock.

Is this the same – Christmas shopping and the likes – or something worst… like… you know…some sort of long vacation…
They do not talk to costumers…
They do not put out updates since 5 of September…

What do you think?
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
What do you think?
Given the time of year, and the fact that there is an order time of three months for the Kindle, I just think they are doing rather well at the moment.

At least, I hope so
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 06:48 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I can't get to the Bookeen web site at all at the moment!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can't get to the Bookeen web site at all at the moment!
No problem for me.

This is what they say at their site:

Due to continuing heavy customer demand, Cybook Gen3 is sold out again. Because orders are prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis, please order now to reserve your place in line. We will e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Please note that in all cases your Cybook Gen3 will not arrive before December 8 2008 and that your credit card will be automatically charged upon order.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:07 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Working again now - probably a problem with the proxy server I have to go through here at work. I would imagine it's the usual problem of a "bottleneck" with screen production, given that the Kindle is back-ordered, too.
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 AM   #6
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Working again now - probably a problem with the proxy server I have to go through here at work. I would imagine it's the usual problem of a "bottleneck" with screen production, given that the Kindle is back-ordered, too.
Yeah, they need to start authorizing lego-manufacturing of e-ink screens me thinks
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #7
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
I'm not sure. There's no wait for the Sony.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
Indeed and the Cybook is showing in stock at WH Smith and BooksonBoard.

So i figure that Part of the problem may be that Bookeen may have had heavier then expected demand from their Resellers, and may have passed on a larger part of their shipments on to them.

I've seen something similar happen a few times, when the Manufacturer / Distributor will almost always be out of stock while Retailers have more then enough.

Edit:
oops, BooksonBoard is also showing sold out.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
Probably just means they've received a large batch of screen from the manufacturer. They seem to come in "batches".