Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 04:53 AM   #1
Bert75
Bert75 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Merging books ?

I just downloaded Sigil, so I apologize in advance if my question is silly or has a trivial answer.
-> I would like to merge three "books" into one, because they follow each other (even the chapter numbers are progressive).
Can I do this with Sigil ?
I have already cleaned up the three individual books just as I wanted with Sigil, but it's the merge that I don't find.
Thanks in advance !
Bert
Bert75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert75 View Post
-> I would like to merge three "books" into one, because they follow each other (even the chapter numbers are progressive).
Of course you can, with a little help from zip....

- unpack one of your books into an new folder
- open another book with sigil
- "Add Existing Files" with sigil - find the unpacked book and go to the Text-subdir and import anything
- Images should be imported automatically as well as css if they have different filenames (check this!)
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You could have some issues with CSS, if styles are called for that do not exist, or if the link statement in the head calls for a CSS file that does not exist. You can add the other stylesheet too, but the effect may or may not be pleasing.

You could have issues as well with images or links with identical names if you have bad luck. This is resolvable by renaming them.

Leave the well-formed checker on to catch these errors, but shut it off while you try to fix them or it will keep you from searching/replacing to correct them!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert75 View Post
I just downloaded Sigil, so I apologize in advance if my question is silly or has a trivial answer.
I have already cleaned up the three individual books just as I wanted with Sigil, but it's the merge that I don't find.
Thanks in advance !
Bert
Do it with Sigil.
If the books have the same stylesheet in common, it is realy-really simple:

Open the book Master (Book1) in Sigil.

Unzip Book 2, verify that there are:
1) no unintended duplicate (with book 1) filenames (HTML and Images).
2)That the filenames will allow the correct order to be reestablished

Add the contents of Text and Image sections to Sigil (book1), adjust the order as needed.
Validate and save.

Repeat for each additional section.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you are using calibre, there is the EpubMerge plugin. It is intended for exactly this situation.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert