Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Request for Nook screensaver info, please

I've been asked to add support for the Nook Touch to my Copy Covers plugin. With the help of testing by a Nook Touch user I've been able to do this but I'm wondering whether the same solution will also work for the original Nook. I'd like to know the answer before I release the new version so I can get the documentation right.

The calibre covers to be used as screensavers will all be copied, as jpgs, to a single named directory in Nook internal memory, namely [root:]/screensavers/calibre

Can anyone tell me whether it is likely that this would also work with the original Nook screensaver feature. I'm afraid I have no experience with Nooks at all.

I'm assuming it won't work with a Nook Color.

Any extra Nook screensaver info you can give me would be most welcome.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
I have tried with an original Nook and it only worked when the root folder is "my screensavers"
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
I have tried with an original Nook and it only worked when the root folder is "my screensavers"
Drat! OK, thanks for replying.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:41 AM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Ha you should have waited
By the way how are you going to differentiate between devices as far as I know both show up as the nook in calibre. Or can you detect by directory available and send covers accordingly.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
By the way how are you going to differentiate between devices as far as I know both show up as the nook in calibre. Or can you detect by directory available and send covers accordingly.
Calibre has 2 Nook device interface plugins, 1 for the Nook and 1 that connects to both the Nook Color and Nook TSR.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Well, I was planning to check whether the attached device is a Nook (easy enough) and if so, check for existence of directory /screensavers or /my screensavers in internal memory root.

If the former exists then assume a Nook STR, if the latter then a Nook original. If neither then it's an "unsupported Nook" for my purposes.

It's not exactly sophisticated but I'm hoping it may get the job done. I used something similar to detect whether a Sony PRS600 has PRSPlus loaded and whether a Kindle has been jailbroken.

Oletros has agreed to test the new version for me but I'm not sure when he/she'll have time.

...the perils of trying to do things without the necessary equipment. It's rather frustrating...