Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-02-2016, 07:47 AM   #1
ebomer
ebomer began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
Add new metadata source

Good morning to everyone here in the forum, I have a question, I wanted to know if you can add a source for searching the metadata is not present in Calibre.
I apologize for my English, but I use google translator
ebomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Yes
Using (user written) Plugins
Many Metadata Source plugins have already been done

Take a look at:
Preferences: Get Plugins
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #3
ebomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes
Using (user written) Plugins
Many Metadata Source plugins have already been done

Take a look at:
Preferences: Get Plugins
I tried the plugin user written, but does not give me any results
Old 03-02-2016, 12:55 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Which user-contributed Metadata Plugin have you tried, and surely you should ask on the dedicated thread for that plugin?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #5
ebomer

I have tried a few plugins to insert a new source of metadata searching, I wanted to add this site to search the metadata of the books in Italian, http://www.lafeltrinelli.it/, I was not able to enter for now no new source of metadata
Advert
Old 03-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, no one has written a plugin for that website, which might explain things.

Again, someone must write a plugin to scrape that website, you cannot simply enter a website and expect calibre to know how to find metadata on that website.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #7
ebomer

I do not know how to write a plugin, you know how to write? You do work for others?
Old 03-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Nope, sorry, I have no interest in this. (And I don't speak Italian anyway.)

You could try requesting it in the plugins subforum.
One of our members (@Pr.BarnArt) has written several of the current Metadata Plugins, one of which is for italian, try getting in touch with him -- he might be interested.

Best of luck.

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-02-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:53 PM   #9
ebomer

Thanks for your answer, research the effects of metadata in Italian for now there are very few sources. I look for a way to optimize this