Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
emilyf
emilyf began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook mini
Could not find an ebook in the archive.

This is the error that I am getting when I try to convert my ebooks. I use an ectaco jetbook mini. This has just started happening today. I am able to convert books that I downloaded previously, but not one that I downloaded today. Please help!
emilyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyf View Post
This is the error that I am getting when I try to convert my ebooks. I use an ectaco jetbook mini. This has just started happening today. I am able to convert books that I downloaded previously, but not one that I downloaded today. Please help!
That means that just inside an RAR or Zip there should be a Calibre supported format.
You may have an Archive of Archives, (a common way to transport multi-formats of the same book)

You need to unpack the first Archive, then you can add the 'new', single archive formats.

BTW Welcome to MR
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
emilyf

I have no idea what that means. I'm sorry to be so daft.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
emilyf

I looked and the books that I am having a problem with are RAR amd ZIP.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I don't understand rar either.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have no idea what that means. I'm sorry to be so daft.
You have left the shipping wrapper on your box of books
Remember getting a parcel of presents for the whole Family? There were boxes within the posted box.

Unzip the outer archive so you can hand out the the contents to Calibre to file.
WinRAR or 7Zip can do this for you. (Do NOT unwrap a Archive labeled as ONLY HTML . Calibre loves those )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
emilyf

Can I just avoid RAR and ZIP?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Can I just avoid RAR and ZIP?
You need to ask the Vendor of your books that question.
Examples:
If I buy a Baen Webscription Month (a bundle of 5 or 6 books), the order comes as a ZIP with all 5 or 6 titles within..

Code:
WebsciptionID.zip
--Book1.zip
--book2.zip
--book3.zip
--book4.zip
--book5.zip
If I buy a single titel and a Websription, My Order# become a outer wrapper:
Code:
Order#.zip
Webscription (as above)
singleTitle.zip