Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
flowedwind
flowedwind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Where can I find the Serial Number

Hi,
I broke my screen and could not find the serial number from the screen, but I failed to find the package as well......
I don't have kindle 3 registered to Amazon, only have usb connection available....
is there any other way to find the serial number? The CS from amazon can not replace my kindle w/o the serial number but I'm not sure where can i find this besides from the screen and the package box.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!
flowedwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
You can try this Kindle Diagnostic Tool
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
sorin
Connoisseur
sorin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Press Menu button and select Settings
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorin View Post
Press Menu button and select Settings
Nah. The screen is broken.

But wait, type Shift-Alt-Dot to (blindly) display the serial number, then Shift-Alt-G to capture that screen, then connect USB and retrieve the captured gif file from the documents directory.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Isn't the serial number printed on the back of the device? Mine is, just below the FCC logo.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Isn't the serial number printed on the back of the device? Mine is, just below the FCC logo.
Mine isn't.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
flowedwind

Thanks all, mates!
I use the diagnostic tool and it's very useful, I found my SN then and register to Amazon, hope I can get a replacement one.
Really appreciate your help!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
flowedwind

You really genius~~~~
use the print screen also works!!