Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #1
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Marvin 3 Change Cover

I was attempting to change the cover of some public domain epubs I have. I had Marvin search and displayed a bunch of covers I could use. I'm not sure what to do next -- I clicked on one of the covers I wanted but nothing really happened. I clicked Done but the books cover had not changed.

Does this work? What is correct technique to change a cover?
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Marvin will change the cover but it needs to be on your device.

"Search the internet" just allows you to find other images that you can then save to your device. The internet sometimes blocks saving of images due to copyright restrictions... If you run in to one of those you won't be able to use it. However, if you find an image that is usable, then just save it to your images folder on your device. Then use Marvin to change the cover.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Cool -- Thanks for the clarification --
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
steve-01351
steve-01351 began at the beginning.

Device: 12.9 ipad pro
Yeah, but HOW do I save an image to my images folder?

I'm used to PCSs - I'm not finding any menu option to save anything. And I've tried clicking on over a dozen book covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Marvin will change the cover but it needs to be on your device.

"Search the internet" just allows you to find other images that you can then save to your device. The internet sometimes blocks saving of images due to copyright restrictions... If you run in to one of those you won't be able to use it. However, if you find an image that is usable, then just save it to your images folder on your device. Then use Marvin to change the cover.

Cheers,
steve-01351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:07 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
IF the website allows you to download it, then it would depend on the operating system/browser you are using. On my iPhone when I get to a usable image there is usually a box with an arrow pointing up from it. tap that and then swipe the options until you get to a box with an arrow pointing into it with the words "save image". That is using Safari on iOS 11.4... YMMV.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote