Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 07:10 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil-0.9.16 Released

Sigil-0.9.16

For the impatient, the installer files (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of the Sigil Github Release page.

The first Official Release of Sigil ported to QtWebEngine to replace QtWebKit. And yes ... Book View is still really gone. But the companion external editing application PageEdit is available for those who still need/want a similar functionality.

New Features
  • added epub3 tool: Generate NCX/Guide for epub2 e-readers
  • added epub3 tool: Remove NCX and Guide
  • added right click on link in Preview copies url to clipboard
  • added check mark indicator for current semantic set in AddSemantics dialog
  • opf guide is no longer used/updated in epub3, unless new epub3 tool menu is used
  • harden Sigil against maliciously crafted epub zip archives (aka zip-slip attacks)
  • added bk.getnavid() to the plugin framework and navprocessor.py for plugin devs
  • updated build documents to the latest Qt 5.12.3 and Python 3.7.2)

Bug Fixes
  • add missing title tag to nav head to make epubcheck happy
  • add dcterms:modified to empty epub 3 opf to keep epubcheck happy
  • fix lost Preview-CodeView sync when internal links are followed in Preview
  • fix macOS specific bug with newer versions of PIL (Pillow) used by plugins
  • no longer link against unused Qt frameworks when building (thank you eli-schwartz!)
  • prevent MS VC++ automatic reboots during Windows installs
  • prevent user from changing semantics of the nav file itself (it must be set to "toc")
  • fix bug that dropped nav from spine when HTML TOC created

Be aware that Sigil-0.9.16 no longer enforces the need for epub3 to have and support an NCX for the purposes of backward compatibility with epub2 reading systems. There are, however, built-in tools to allow users to add backward compatibility features such as the NCX to their epub3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.

Mac users should still download and install ActiveState's ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.

The latest Sigil user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:27 AM   #2
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS

I especially appreciate the new Epub3 tool to Generate NCX/Guide

And the checkmark in Add Semantics is also nice
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2019, 04:34 AM   #3
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks.

Linux Mint 19.1

qtwebengine-dev not found, installed qtwebengine5-dev.
python3-css-parser not found, seems to work without installing it. (Did pip3 install css-parser after anyway just in case...)
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
qtwebengine-dev not found, installed qtwebengine5-dev.
Thanks, I'll make note of that in the documentation. I rarely know the exact package names these days.
Quote:
python3-css-parser not found, seems to work without installing it. (Did pip3 install css-parser after anyway just in case...)
It's still include in Sigil's source for, now. But it won't hurt anything to install it with pip. We're going to remove css-parser from the source eventually, so the documentation has apparently gotten a little bit ahead of that eventuality for Linux is all.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #5
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
>added check mark indicator for current semantic set in AddSemantics dialog

Thank you!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #6
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Does sigil open all of the ini files in its config directory? When I installed the new version last night it would open and then silently quit after a moment. I renamed my sigil.ini file in C:\Users\Lumpy\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil to sigil-baj.ini (typo, I had meant sigil-bak.ini) and started it and it worked fine. This morning it was doing the same thing with quitting so then I moved the backup sigil.ini out of that directory and now it's working, hopefully for good and not another temporary thing. I uninstalled the old version first before installing this version.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:05 PM   #7
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
I do rather like the puzzle piece icons for the plugins; quite fetching!
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I've just finished uploading new Sigil and PageEdit packages to the Arch Linux repositories.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:43 PM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Corruption on ini files should be a thing of the past unless you have an older version of Sigil running by accident or whatever.

If you are seeing regular ini file corruption issues please make sure that you have completely removed all older versions of Sigil. Especially if Sigil 0.9.11, 0.9.12 which tried to use utf-8 ini file encodings but that is completely broken on Qt.

Hope something here helps.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Does sigil open all of the ini files in its config directory? When I installed the new version last night it would open and then silently quit after a moment. I renamed my sigil.ini file in C:\Users\Lumpy\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil to sigil-baj.ini (typo, I had meant sigil-bak.ini) and started it and it worked fine. This morning it was doing the same thing with quitting so then I moved the backup sigil.ini out of that directory and now it's working, hopefully for good and not another temporary thing. I uninstalled the old version first before installing this version.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I've just finished uploading new Sigil and PageEdit packages to the Arch Linux repositories.
Excellent! Thank you.

And is that a patch-free PKGBUILD I see straight out of the gate for PageEdit?
Old 07-21-2019, 11:09 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Excellent! Thank you.

And is that a patch-free PKGBUILD I see straight out of the gate for PageEdit?

Yes. Nice work.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:06 AM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Have the buttons to switch between HTML view and page view (I think that's the name. The buttons in the attached screenshot) been removed? I can't find them.

Ah, nevermind. Reread the first post. Guess I'll roll back to Sigil 9.14.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil buttons.PNG
Views:	147
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	172517  

Last edited by ZodWallop; 07-22-2019 at 12:18 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:52 AM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Have the buttons to switch between HTML view and page view (I think that's the name. The buttons in the attached screenshot) been removed? I can't find them.

Ah, nevermind. Reread the first post. Guess I'll roll back to Sigil 9.14.
And if you reread the first post again, you can roll forward again to the latest version of sigil, then install PageEdit on the side...
Old 07-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #14
lwalper
lwalper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs down Staying with 9.14

Yep, that's why I'm staying with 9.14. Tried the newfangled PageEdit - didn't like it. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the page doesn't refresh when a new chapter is opened - same (old page) remains in the editor. Yes, I can (1) save, (2) close the editor, (3) open new chapter, (4) open editor -- too complicated for my liking. That single click in 9.14 has me spoiled.
lwalper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:56 AM   #15
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, exactly like all other Sigil "Open With" editors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwalper View Post
Yep, that's why I'm staying with 9.14. Tried the newfangled PageEdit - didn't like it. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the page doesn't refresh when a new chapter is opened - same (old page) remains in the editor. Yes, I can (1) save, (2) close the editor, (3) open new chapter, (4) open editor -- too complicated for my liking. That single click in 9.14 has me spoiled.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote